Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper Review

I have wanted to try the Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper for some time now. I have read many contradicting reviews on whether or not the product works, so when I saw it on sale for $11.99 down from an average price of $17.50 I decided to give it a try.

 Ingredients: DI Water, PVP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Laureth 23, Glycerin, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, Polyquaternium 10. 

This product is suppose to eliminate frizz and put moisture back into the hair. The directions instruct you to apply the product to wet hair and then not to touch your hair until it has dried. it also suggests that if you have very frizzy hair you can use it in conjunction with other styling products.

I don't have extremely frizzy hair, my curls stay rather formed and relatively frizz free but I did want to try this product to make my curls look even more polished and defined by getting rid of the slight amount of frizz that can develop during the day when exposed to wind and cooler temperatures. I also wanted to see how it worked so that I could possibly take it with me on an upcoming trip where my hair will be exposed to desert temperatures. 

The consistency of this product is a bit awkward in my opinion. It feels and looks like a combination of light oils and water. The scent is not the greatest; to me it smells like a combination of different oils and a mixture of many different hair products. It isn't a terrible smell but I wouldn't want my hair smelling like it. Fortunately the smell does dissipate fairly quickly.

Pros:
*Light formula
*Contains no parabens, silicones, or sulfates
*Did not build up
*Leaves no greasy or heavy feeling behind
*Can be used every day and easily washed out 

Cons:
*Not great smelling
*Makes my hair frizzy!!
*This product did very little for my hair unless I used a considerable amount. I applied it to damp hair as well as soaking wet hair. I also  experimented with how much I used and which products I used it with and my hair didn't like it at all!
*Leaves my hair feeling dry


I will not be repurchasing this product because after using it I find it completely unnecessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...