Friday, April 12, 2013

Loreal Evercreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo Review & The Low Down on Sulfates.

Sulfates: what are they and what do they do:
If you haven't  already heard, sulfates can be pretty bad for all hair types, especially curly hair and hair that tends to be on the dry side. They can also be increasingly damaging for those who use chemicals, heat and dye on their hair.
Sulfates are the ingredients in shampoos that produce that squeaky clean feeling and removes debris, and buildup. Unfortunately the most common sulfates: (sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth and ammonia laureth sulfate) also removes the beneficial natural oil (sebum) from your scalp and hair. Natural oil is great for the hair, it helps keep it moisturized, healthy and shiny; if you deplete this oil, hair can become dry, brittle and damaged. Sulfates can also cause scalp irritation, split ends, breakage and even hair loss because they are harsh cleaning agents and detergents and some are similar to the cleaning agents found in dish soap.

Many companies are becoming more aware regarding consumer concerns relating to the damaging effects of sulfates and as a result safer and equally effective cleaning agents are popping up on drug store shelves.

Loreal Evercreme is my favorite sulfate free shampoo and here is why:


Pros:
*Cleans my hair thoroughly without stripping it and leaving it feeling dry
*My hair feels softer after I shampoo!
*Smells wonderful
*Creamy texture
*Gentle formula
*Free of harsh sulfates and heavy coating waxes
*Contains Omega-3 and 6
*Does not weigh down my hair
*Cruelty free and 100% vegan
*Contains coconut, camelina sativa oil, apricot oil and grape seed oil

Cons: 
I can't think of any cons!

Loreal also has other sulfate free shampoos such as the Evercurl and Eversleek line.

I would definitely recommend giving this shampoo a try.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I haven't started using the shampoo yet, but I'm excited to how will perform.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...