Monday, May 13, 2013

Kiss New York Maxi Shine Lipstick Review


This weekend I made a stop at Clore Beauty Supply in Mississauga to help my mom find some hair rollers and I took the time to look through their makeup selection. I noticed many brands that I have never heard of before and I decided to try out a few of the lipsticks from the line Kiss New York.

I picked up 7 very flattering shades in the Kiss Maxi Shine lipsticks


Kiss New York has a variety of cosmetics ranging from foundation, eyeliner, eye shadows, glosses and mascara.

The price was very affordable at $2.99 per lipstick and the lipsticks come in a wide variety of colors ranging from very light and nude to very dark, vampy purples and red tones. They also carry more unusual colors such as black and yellow lipstick.

I LOVE these lipsticks! I prefer them over some of the more well known brands and higher end lipstick. The colors are beautiful and look wonderful on the lips.
The Colors I have are:



The ingredients include jojoba oil and castor oil, so the formula feels like a combination of gloss and lipstick but appears more like a lipstick when applied. These lipsticks apply very smoothly and add beautiful color and a touch of shine to the lips. Because of the oils in the formula they tend to be non-drying on the lips and surprisingly after it has come off completely, my lips feel rather soft and smooth. These lipsticks last about as long as a standard lipstick.

My favorite color is probably Flirt Alert but I think most of the colors look beautiful and would compliment many skin tones. The Rich Cocoa color actually turned out to be a good nude for my skin tone.

The Bronzed Pink and the Rose Petal lipsticks actually have some sparkle in the formula which gets left on my lips after the lipsticks have come off. The last 3 shades are also very dark when applied on the lips.



The packaging is okay, nothing too fancy. The outer coloring on the tube is already chipping off  at the corners but I do like that the caps lock down very securely to close the lipsticks. The tubes do have the colors of the lipsticks at the bottom, although I find that not all of them show a good indication of the actual color of the lipsticks.

Clore Beauty Supply does have a website but you cannot purchase cosmetics online, they do however have various locations around the GTA if you are interested in checking them out. 

Kiss New York does have a website where you can find all of their beauty products. The website is: http://kissnewyorkusa.com/prod_ls_msl.php
Me wearing Flirt Alert

8 comments:

  1. I love those shades! I've been looking for a good lipstick brand for a while, and a good colour too :) lovely post! Followed :)
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Hannah, I may be stuck in London right now after missing my flight but I followed back lol.

      thanks for stopping by :) I will check out your blog as soon as I get a chance.

      Delete
  2. I wanna try these. I love nude/nude-pink colored lipsticks so I really want Rich Cocoa and Bronzed Pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cocoa is very nice! love wearing it when I want to tone things down a bit.

      Delete
  3. Flirt Alert is a gorgeous color!! Looks great on you!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra, I will check out your blog as soon as I get a chance :)

      Delete
  4. Hello Erica. I really like your blog and it would mean a lot to me if you would take a minute and check, follow my blog if you like. Thank you so so much, have a nice day,
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nika,
      Thank you so much. I just got to Dubai today and with the 8hr time difference and the jet lag I am sooo tired. I will follow back and check out your blog in more detail later. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...