Monday, October 28, 2013

How to roast pumpkin seeds

One of my favorite things about Halloween is carving pumpkins, the candy is pretty great too! My sister and I are not expert pumpkin carvers, but we do like eating the pumpkin seeds. Roasted pumpkin seeds can be a tasty treat and you can add your favorite flavors.


Instructions:
1. Clean the seeds by submerging them in a bowl of water and rubbing away any left over pumpkin pulp.
2. Spread pumpkin seeds on a baking pan and pat dry with paper towel.
3. Add 1 tbs of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and your favorite seasoning. I used a bit of garlic powder, salt and Mrs Dash original seasoning blend. If your seasoning powder has salt then you may not need to add any.
Other seasonings you can use include:
*Cinnamon
*Jalapeno
*Dill
*Barbecue
*Chipotle 
4. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 mins or until seeds are crunchy. Stir the seeds every 10 mins while baking.



What Halloween snacks do you enjoy?

9 comments:

  1. Yum! I always put garlic salt and cayenne pepper on mine. Happy Halloween!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pumpkin seeds :X I just buy them, never make them, but I will definitely have to try your recipe, I can only find them salted here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so tasty I definitely want to try this
    Meg xx (new follower)

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy recipe dear
    i really love this post
    check my blog if you want too:)
    NEW POST -> tr3ndygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love roasted pumpkin seeds with salt or sugar, but I've never tried any other flavors. I'm curious about how the bbq one would taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We make it the same way as you

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just did this on Monday :) We boiled our seeds before putting them in the oven, in salt water, and it made a huge difference. The seeds had a salty flavor all the way through, and they were nice and crispy on the outside, and perfect on the inside. This is my favorite fall tradition :) I can't wait until after Halloween because all of our pumpkins will be sacrificed to the gods of homemade pumpkin pie, and I can roast ALL the seeds :)
    onlyaveragemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummy! Never did it myself! I always wondered how! Thanks for sharing this recipe! XOXO, Sissi http://www.beauty4free2u.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...