Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Japanese Skin Care Products

The Japanese Konjac Sponge

Today I am going to be reviewing some skin care products that I came across recently. The Japanese Konjac Sponge Company sent me a couple of their products to try.

One of the things I love about traveling is that I am introduced to beauty products that are new to me. There are so many products used by women from other cultures that we are not aware of and that are indigenous to certain countries. Many of these beauty secrets have been working for women for generations so it is always nice to try new things and learn about the beauty routines of women from around the world.

What is Konjac?
I had never heard of Konjac before I saw these products and the website has a lot of interesting facts about what Konjac is used for and what it does.

*Konjac is a plant that is indigenous to Japan and China and has been used for more than 100 years in healthy cooking and skin care. The plant has amazing water binding properties that make it a great moisturizer and cleanser; it is used by people of all ages.

*Konjac is rich in vitamins: A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, D and E. It also contains antioxidant properties.

*The Konjac products are 100% natural, eco friendly and organic, they are also handmade.

What are the Konjac products used for?
The konjac sponges are gentle and effective for washing away dirt and oil. They contain no harmful chemicals so they can be used by people who have sensitive or dry skin.

The Japanese konjac sponge citrus puff

The first product I am going to review is the round sponge that is used for face cleansing. This sponge gently exfoliates and cleanses while removing blackheads oil and dirt. It is recommended for all skin types.

This is what the sponge looks 

How to use the sponge:
You are supposed to rinse and soak the sponge in warm water until it has fully softened and expanded. You can use this sponge on its own or with your daily face cleanser.  Gently massage the sponge into your skin in circular motions and avoid harsh rubbing on acne areas.

Results:
It took a while for the sponge to become soft the first time I used it but after that the sponge never completely hardened again so it softened rather quickly. The sponge absorbs a lot of water which I like and it does not have a distinguishable smell even when wet which I prefer. Both sponges did not really expand as much as I thought they would given their airy texture but for the face the size is ideal.

The sponge provided a nice exfoliation on my face and was non-abrasive. When I rubbed the sponge over my skin there was a nice slippery feeling but it did not leave behind any residue. I did notice that my skin became instantly softer, and more supple after using this product. I was actually quite impressed with how this product made my skin feel and I kept touching my face to feel its smoothness. Although the sponge did make my skin feel good, I still had to use my night moisturizer before bed.

When used with my Clean and Clear face cleanser the sponge helped provide a nice lather and it made cleansing my face with my regular products easier and more effective.

The konjac pure white sponge

This sponge can be used the same way as the citrus puff, to cleanse the face. You can also use this sponge on the rest of your body if you like. It is also safe for all skin types including sensitive skin.

This is what the sponge looks like 

Results:
I used this sponge in the shower instead of my usual bath puff or luffa. Like the other one it took a while to soften the first time I used it but after that it was fine. After using it I notice that my legs and arms did feel softer. Since the sponge is great at retaining water it is handy to use in the shower. Used with shower gel the sponge works up a nice lather.

I also used the sponge to shave with. I figured since it was making my skin feel soft and a tad slippery I would get a close shave and not have to use a shaving cream. I rubbed the sponge on my legs before shaving and it worked well, I ended up with very smooth legs.

It is recommended by the company that these sponges be replaced every 4-6 weeks. I would recommend this product to people who have adverse reactions to a lot of face cleansers, harsh chemicals or fragrances and to people who have sensitive skin and need a gentle cleanse and exfoliation. It is great to use before applying makeup as it provides a smooth even surface for foundation application which I like.

The company also has many other types of sponges to choose from 
For more information on the konjac sponges visit there website at- The Japanese Konjac Sponge

**Disclaimer: These products were provided to me for a sponsored review by the Konjac Sponge Company. All opinions stated in this review are my own and based on my experience with the products.**

13 comments:

  1. Interesting product. I have sensitive skin. Sounds nice and the sponge looks soft and fluffy. Thanks for the review :)

    www.muslimahluvsmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to try one of these for my body. It's nice to try products from different places. I think there are so many more amazing things out there that we're not even aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trying new beauty products from different countries as well especially when they use less harsher chemicals on their products and knowing they have been using it for years! This is a very interesting product and thank you for sharing it Erica! I'd love to replace my bath loofah with this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love sponge kinda loofah ..... it exfoliate o well during shower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool review! I have never heard of these, but I feel like stuff becomes popular in Asia first and then it hits North America later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the second time I've heard of Konjac sponges. They seem to be great. Thank you so much for this. (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Japanese Konjac Sponge loks like a great product! Following you via bloghop. Hope you follow back :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh really interesting product an sponge, looks interesting this is new to me. This konjac songe maybe I´ll try this product.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I did heard about them, but I wasn't really paying attention to them, but after I read you review I must get my hands on of these, they are pretty awesome! Thank you for the review :*

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look awesome! Never heard of these before and not sure how to buy them (only online?) but thanks for this great post! Sissi http://www.beauty4free2u.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really amazing blog, I’d love to discover some extra information. anti aging cream

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...