Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Christmas Eve Birthday!

Hello everyone  I hope you are all having a lovely day! I know I am because today is my birthday!!! Yayyy! Unlike some people who think aging is a terrible thing I am trying to focus on the positives. Many people didn't get a chance to see the end of this year and I am blessed, alive and fortunate so I am having fun celebrating!

Now I know people may be wondering how having a Christmas Eve birthday works in terms of the whole gift protocol. Well here is how I make it work, no double gifting! Just kidding! I am thankful for everything I receive and everything my family does for me.

 I usually begin my birthday festivities a few weeks before my actual birthday. This year I began celebrating while on a cruise at the beginning of December and I just carried on celebrating!

Aside from taking me on a relaxing cruise, my amazing hubby also gave me a new phone, the Samsung Galaxy S4 and I am still figuring out how it works. Goodbye Blackberry and hello functionality! I may do a review on this phone soon.


He also bought me tickets to go to L.A and attend the Makeup Show in March! I am looking forward to meeting other professionals in the industry. 

My sister  Amanda and I celebrated my birthday together and the little sweetheart spent hours in the kitchen whipping up cupcakes from scratch. She even made me a card which was adorable and so thoughtful! 

My sister and my mom bought me this beautiful new vanity table for my birthday. I love the color because it matches with my bedroom furniture. When I set it up I will do an updated makeup storage post.

A couple of days before my actual birthday I had a pre-birthday lunch and we gorged ourselves on scrumptious foods at a restaurant called Union Social.

Parmesan rosemary fries 

Chicken and veggie flat bread

Pineapple, orange cocktail

Creamy garlic linguine with chicken 

Cranberry cocktail

 Tonight for my actual birthday I went to dinner with my hubby, and we are spending a romantic night in a beautiful hotel suite. There isn't much to do or many places open the day before Christmas but we manage to always make the most of it.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas Eve and excited for tomorrow! I am off to enjoy the rest of the night.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday looks like you a great one!!!! Happy Holidays to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest birthday and Merry Xmas , all these food is making me hungry at 2 am haha :)xx

    www.fashwithray.blogspot.com (hope you can follow me back on gfc)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Erica!!! Sounds like you're having a great time, you're right - aging can be a beautiful thing. :) Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! And Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday girl! You look like you had an awesome time with your friends and family :) Love the Vanity table, been eyeing that one for awhile myself!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday Erica! :* I just ate and you blog post made me hungry again, just look at all those goodies haha :D it looks like you had an awesome time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated happy birthday Erica! Dropped by to your blog and find it really amazing! The foods made me hungry. Haha! <3

    http://kathleeneugenioo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...