Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve Reflections: Happy New Year!


2014 is here! For many of us a new year signifies a fresh start, a time to set new goals (whether we follow through with them or not), to start off on a positive note and be open to new prospects and opportunities. 

When I think of New Year's Eve I think of sparkles, glitter and glam. I think of hoards of people heading off to big parties decked out in high heels and sequined dresses, ready to ring in the new year with the popping of champagne bottles. 
Photos from Pinterest


Sometimes I go out for New Year's Eve, purchasing over priced event tickets and dancing into the night while clutching my drink of choice. Other times I stay at home with my family, watch the ball drop and the fireworks light up my TV while sipping champagne. A nice dinner at my favorite restaurant is also a night well spent; but however you choose to celebrate, 2014 is here!

New Year Reflections...
For me 2013 was a year filled with accomplishments, excitement and some sadness. In 2013 I lived out some of my dreams to travel to exotic countries and began the year with a trip to Phoenix Arizona; driving through the beautiful desert and then stopping at the Hoover Dam before having some fun in Las Vegas.



A few months after Vegas my husband and I went to London England on our way to the Middle East; where I saw Big Ben, London Bridge and Buckingham Palace. We then flew to Dubai where we feasted on local cuisine, took in the city from the tallest building in the world and rode camels in the desert. Dubai was an oasis of modern technology meshed with old traditions and I had an amazing time lounging at private beach clubs and traveling to Adbu Dhabi to see the Grand Mosque. It was an experience I will never forget.
London

 Dubai

Abu Dhabi

View from the Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world

A few months after my breathtaking trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi my family and I rented an apartment three minutes away from the majestic Eiffel Tower in Paris France. Going to Paris was a dream come true and better than I ever imagined. As I strolled the beautiful streets with my baguette in hand I felt at one with the historical city. I am looking forward to visiting France again soon.



I finished off my travel expeditions with a trip to Miami and Fort Lauderdale in December and boarded a relaxing cruise sailing to Labadee Haiti and Jamaica. Lounging on the pristine beaches was a nice way to end the year before the holiday season.  





**(To see more of mt travels & photos visit my travel page by clicking HERE)**

I also made the most of summer here in Toronto, attending Rihanna and Taylor Swift's concerts, having barbecues at Niagara Falls, attending TV and makeup shows, sitting at outdoor cafes with friends and participating in the art and cultural events the city had to offer. I kept my calendar full of exciting festivities all year.  
**

The seasons here in Toronto were beautiful in 2013 but we did have some treacherous weather. There was flooding in the summer and a dangerous ice storm hit the city recently where many people were left without power. I tried to capture the prettier side of the seasons and explored my love of photography in the great outdoors.


This year also came with some bad news, my aunt was diagnosed with cancer and we also had some deaths in the family which encouraged me to live to the fullest and seize every opportunity available. I realized that at any moment life can change and that it is important to keep things in perspective, live in the moment and have no regrets. 

"In the end its not the years in your life that count, its the life in your years."
(Abraham Lincoln) 

I also learned a lot about friendship and how fragile they can be. Sometimes along the way you lose touch with people you always thought would be in your life; but I realized that not everyone is meant to be around forever. Even with the end of old friendships I learned to be accepting and open to the possibilities of new ones.

This year I worked hard to improve and expand Diary of a Trendaholic. I dedicated more time to redesigning and creating something that was helpful to others and that I can be proud of. I learned a lot, met a lot of wonderful people from around the world and worked with some great companies. I have now surpassed 131,280 views and  I thank you all for your support and encouragement.

I have a lot planned for the coming year and I would love it if everyone continued on this journey with me; discovering the latest and greatest products, trends and beauty finds.

Happy New Year!

~Erica

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful pictures! You definitely did some traveling this year! Wishing you a happy new year!! <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new years eve eye look is GORGEOUS. I can't get enough of the colors :)

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those photos are breath taking. I'm so sorry about your aunt. Will be praying for her.

    Happy New Year to you and your family :)

    Anne @ The Pink Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You had a great travelling experience. Happy New Year!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely had a great 2013. I'm glad to have found your blog and I wish you more adventure and good times in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's wonderful that you are able to travel and see the world- these pictures are amazing! So glad you had a wonderful 2013, and I hope 2014 holds some amazing adventures for you :)

    onlyaveragemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had an amazing year! You visited so many places!
    For me it was a year I will never forget as my second son was born in 2013.
    Happy New Year!

    http://www.beautyandthemist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year too! It is nice to start the year with the colorful and positive surroundings. Glad that you shared this to us. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I wish I could have gone abroad this year! I am stuck in the same old state (Illinois) and so sick of it! I moved to NY this year but that's all the adventure I had! Seeing NYC was pretty amazing, though! I am so happy for you that you were able to see London! That is so high on my list of places to visit! Thank you so much for your very kind comment on my blog :)

    it appears I already follow you on GFC! :)

    love, polly
    www.pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...