Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Gorgeous Shades of Clarins Red and Pink Lipsticks

Today I am bringing you a review on a collection of luxurious lip colors in some of the richest shades and most moisturizing formulas around. Many of you have already heard of Clarins, a well known cosmetic company that manufactures "prestige skincare, makeup and fragrances." Clarins is well known for delivering high end, exceptional quality cosmetics made in France.

With the holidays fast approaching many of us will be attending Christmas parties, work functions, family get together's and ringing in the New Year with style; so what better way to do that than with amazing makeup and stunning lips!

The first product I am going to review is called Joli Rouge Perfect Shine Sheer Lipstick in the color Watermelon #17. 


The packaging of this lipstick is beautiful and elegant, it also smells wonderful! This shade is the perfect color for every season and it "combines the creamy texture of a lipstick with the transparent color and shine of a gloss." Not only is the formula moisturizing and long lasting but it combines ingredients such as mango seed oil to keep lips supple and smooth.


This lipstick applies effortlessly over the lips, it has a sheer pink finish with subtle flecks of shimmer to make lips appear full. It is dermatologist tested and a shade that is suitable for all skin tones. I like that this lipstick is versatile enough to match any outfit, eye shadow and makeup I choose to wear. If you want hydration with just the right amount of light color, then this is a great pink lipstick. I prefer this lipstick over many of my lip treatments or tinted balms and it is definitely a product that will find a permanent place in your purse. It retails for $27 for more information click HERE

The  next lip color I am going to review is called Rouge Eclat Satin Finish Age-Defying Lipstick in the color Passion Red #11


With the changing seasons and environmental factors it is important to protect the lips and keep them looking healthy while still being trendy. This lipstick has an amazing soft velvety smooth texture which is my favorite finish! It contains wonderful ingredients such as mango seed oil, sunflower oil, shea butter, jojoba and cocoa. It also has the added bonus of anti-aging benefits to replenish the lips the more you wear it. 


A good red lipstick can be hard to find because of the different warm and cool undertones but this shade is a great option if you are looking for a lipstick that is suitable for a wide variety of skin tones. This color is highly pigmented and there are no harsh blue or orange tones which makes this red appear stunning on the lips. The formula has great lasting power and I love the way it makes my lips look and feel, not to mention it smells delicious! This has become one of my favorite red lipsticks and considering I have an abundance of red lipstick that is saying a lot! I highly recommend this shade if you are looking for that perfect red, you can find more information by clicking HERE, this lipstick retails for $27.

No makeup collection is complete without some hot pink in the mix. The next lipstick is called Joli Rouge Long-Wearing Moisturizing Lipstick in the color Hot Pink #713




I have to admit that I cannot stop smelling this lipstick, not only is it moisturizing (containing mango seed oil) but it also encompasses an aromatic fruity, floral scent. This lipstick has a creamy texture, great pigmentation and a touch of shine. If you find the words "hot pink" a bit daunting fear not, although this is a bold pink it is not harsh or neon tinged making this a pink that anyone can pull off with ease and confidence. This formula also contains an "innovative extreme shine maxi lip complex to help plump and hydrate for soft supple lips." So far I have gotten many compliments on this shade and it feels nice on the lips. It is also long lasting and tends not to feather. There is no staining and this is a great product to wear on those days that your lips aren't in their best shape because it hydrates while still providing great color payoff. When I wear this color indoors it takes on a rich deep pink hue and  outdoors in looks bright and vibrant. I think this is one of the nicest shades of pink I have come across in a while! This lipstick retails for $27 and you can find it by clicking - HERE
Here are the swatches for the shades above

And now for some close ups to see how the colors look: Here I am wearing Hot Pink and Passion Red

Clarins has some fantastic lipsticks but they also sell some pretty amazing glosses for those of you who prefer something with more shine. This gloss is called Gloss Prodige Intense Color and Shine Lip Gloss in the color Grenadine #05


The packaging of this lip gloss is chic and stylish! It smells like delicious berries with hints of blackcurrant and  licorice, and contains raspberry seed oil. It also has a great gel like texture that easily coats the lips and delivers an alluring shade of pink with exquisite shine and flecks of lovely shimmer. This is another color that would look great on all skin tones, it is soft, pretty and perfect for a night out. This gloss "soothes and promotes fuller looking lips," I like that it stays in place after application and it is moisturizes without being too sticky. It retails for $23 and comes in 9 other glamours shades, for more information click -HERE

The last lip product I am going to review is the Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in the shade 01 Rose Shimmer.

This product provides sheer subtle color that "nourishes, repairs and protects." It contains shea butter and sunflower seed oil to moisturize while providing "3D shimmer." This is a great product to wear if you want to protect and soothe your lips while also having a bit of shine. You can also pair this with your favorite lipstick and it makes lips feel smooth and look "fuller." This product retails for $20, you can find more info by clicking- HERE
Here are the swatches for the lip gloss

Where to buy
You can purchase Clarins products at certain department stores such as The Bay, Nordstrom, Lord and Taylor and Macy's as well as Shoppers Drug Mart, Sephora and online.

Find Clarins at:
Have you tried any lip products from Clarins? What is your favorite?
Which of the colors above do you think would be perfect for a holiday party?

**Disclaimer: These products were provided to me for a sponsored review courtesy of Clarins. All opinions stated in this review are my own and based on my experience with the products. Results may vary based on individual use.**

14 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks absolutely stunning! All those lip colors are beautiful :)

    xx abitgraceful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty! you make make-up fun! love the colors and the pearls too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hot pink is so pretty! The packaging on all of these products looks really nice and luxurious too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These lipsticks look amazing! And the colours really suit you! My favourite one out of the three would definitely have to be Passion Red - I'm the girl who has 1000 shades of red but still buys more HAHA. ♥

    michelleytan.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard THAT!
      I have bright reds, deep reds, burgundy reds, berry reds, blue reds - I have them matte, creamy, sheer, and everything in between.
      I've practically built a shrine to the Gloss Prodiges; I have Raspberry, Blackberry, and Vibrant Rose, so far.
      Ithink I NEED Grenadine, as well!

      Delete
  5. You look gorgeous as always! Love these shades! I'm really a fan of red, so I'm really loving Passion Red! Might have to pick that up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hot pink looks amazing on you! Great review i have never tried a clarins lipstick before.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rich red color of Clarins lipstick.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, all the colors are beautiful, but my favourite is Passion Red, love it <3 I've never tried Clarins, it's a little bit too expensive for me, but they have gorgeous products :D :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous colors and I love especially the red on you. You can really rock a good red lipstick. For some reason, I always think of Clarins as a skincare brand and never bother to check out their makeup items. Now I have to remember to check them out next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so many beautiful shades of pink. I haven't tried any of those products but I would love to. :)

    Keep in touch,
    J
    www.jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post, Erica.
    I like all shades of lipsticks here. I would like to try Clarins lipsticks :)


    Makeup Demon blog
    Makeup Demon Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous :)
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...