Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Lip Products For Valentine's Day

Since Valentine’s Day is just around the corner I thought I would do a quick post on some of my favorite red and pink lip products. It was hard to narrow it down since I have a great deal of pink and red in my collection. My favorites includes a range of popular and easy to find brands in different price ranges; from thirty dollars to just two dollars!

So here we go...


PINKS
1. In Vogue by Rimmel
To be number one you have to be pretty special! Sorting through the range of pinks that I have, this color came out on top. This is a gorgeous deep fuchsia, berry pink that is fun, flirty and perfect for every season.

2. Joli Rouge Hot Pink by Clarins
Not only does this deep pink smell good enough to eat but it takes on a different hue depending on the light. In the day it looks vibrantly bright and in the night it looks deep and dark.

3. Paris by NYX
This pink is like no other I have in my collection, the underlying tone seems to be white! It is very light, almost milky pink. This color can be difficult to pull off on medium to dark complexions but when paired with the right shadow it can brighten up the face and make the lips appear much fuller and very pouty!

4. Dolly Girl by NYX
I had to add this color because it is a beautiful bright pink and I absolutely love the texture of the NYX extreme lip creams.

5. Lollipop by Revlon (lip butter)
I enjoy the lip butter line by Revlon because the formula is soft, easy to work with and hydrating. 

6. Shiva by NYX
Another NYX lipstick made the list! Not only are they affordable but the formula is smooth and non-drying. I love this iridescent pink with purple undertones.  

Swatches

REDS


1. Rouge Eclat Passion Red by Clarins
My favorite red lipstick right now is definitely this rich red by Clarins. The packaging is elegant and the color is suitable for many skin tones. This red is simply stunning!

2. MAC Red
MAC’s signature red lipstick is great for many skin tones and it has a satin finish that is not as drying as some of their other formulas.

3. Cosmopolitan by Palladio
I wore this red for my Valentine’s Day makeup post and it was quite a hit.

4.  Vamp Red by Ruby Kisses
I love lipstick but I realized something over the years, a great lipstick is not always the most expensive. I have many drug store lip products that work just as well if not better than some of the high end products. This red is one of my favs and it was only about $2. I bought this lipstick at a beauty supply store.

5. Fire by Revlon (Color Burst)
For those of you who prefer gloss, this red by Revlon is highly pigmented with a nice wet, shiny look that makes lips stand out. 

6 Flirt Alert by Kiss New York 
This is another lipstick that cost a mere $3 and has become one of my favorite red lipsticks. The formula is creamy and easy to apply.

Swatches

What are your favorite red and pink lipsticks?

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Lovely job with the swatches, they all look amazing! :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally digging NYX Paris. The color and texture looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me want ALL OF THOSE LIP PRODUCTS. I am in major lipstick envy right now. Thanks for sharing all of those swatches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaww, your collection is so interesting, the color is very pretty <3

    http://wind-atree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Shiva of NYX. It is a beautyful color and I think it will last long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You killed me with those red lipsticks haha :D Beautiful, beautiful shades!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lippies! Happy val days!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...