Saturday, February 15, 2014

Palladio Cosmetics Review

Today I have a review on cosmetics by Palladio Beauty. These were the first items I have tried from this line, although it was not the first time I heard of them. My first impression was that the quality of the makeup is good, especially for products that are so affordable and that are infused with herbal benefits and vitamins. 

The first item I am going to review is this pretty herbal mosaic powder in the color Pink Truffle. The combination of colors caught my eye right away and the powder also comes in 3 other color variations.


How it Works
My favorite thing about this product is that it is multi-functional. The darker shades can be used as a bronzer, all of the shades can be used as eye shadow and the lighter shimmery shades can be used as a highlight for the face. As a blush blending all the colors together creates a unique shade and a beautiful effect. The texture is smooth and easy to apply.
Benefits
This mosaic powder also contains vegetable lipids to condition the skin and help slow water loss It also has bran, chamomile, vitamin E, vitamin C, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. It retails for $8, you can find more info HERE
Herbal Silk FX Eye Shadow
This eye shadow palette contains everything you need to create a beautiful look. The shadows are also labelled to show you which colors can be used where making it easy for beginners. This particular palette with the purple lid color is called Boudoir chic and there are also 7 other wonderfully matched palettes to choose from.

I like palettes like this because they are compact, complete and convenient while on the go. These shadows have good pigmentation and the colors match well. I also like the shimmer finish especially the beautiful highlight. This is great for creating a lovely smokey look or it can be toned down without the black for something a bit lighter, it is a palette that can easily take you from day to night.


Swatches

Here is a smokey purple look I created with this palette. To get this look I started out with the base shade on my lids and then used a lot of the purple pigment by patting it on heavily in layers. I also found that the color labeled "crease" was pretty light so I used the black or "liner" shade over the crease shade to darken it. The highlight shade is a bit dark and quite subtle, I used it under my brows. I used the purple lid color to line my bottom lash line instead of the black. Overall I think by blending the shades together the effect is quite nice. Even though the palette appeared to have a shimmer finish initially, once you dig past the top layer the shadows are quite matte which I don't mind.

In this photo I am also wearing the Palladio lipstick in the color Juniper which is reviewed below.

This palette retails for  $12. You can find it HERE

Herbal Lipsticks
You all know that I am a lip product fanatic so I had to try the lipsticks from this line. They come in 31 beautiful shades and the texture is creamy initially but tends to become less creamy and more matte as you wear it. The shades are highly pigmented, full coverage and great quality.


The lipsticks contain coconut oil, aloe and vitamin C and E to help protect against free radical damage.

I chose the shades Cosmopolitan and Juniper 


Cosmopolitan 
This shade is a gorgeous bold red and it reminds me of a shade Taylor Swift would wear. It is also the color I chose to wear on Valentine's Day this year.



Juniper 
This shade is a dark rich wine color great for all seasons and complimentary to many skin tones. 



These lipsticks retail for just $6 each! for more information click HERE

Overall I liked all of these products and I will definitely be purchasing items from this brand in the future. You can find Palladio Cosmetics on their website at: palladiobeauty.com and on:


**Disclaimer: These products were provided to me for a sponsored review courtesy of Palladio Beauty. All opinions stated in this review are my own and based on my experience with the products. Results may vary based on individual use.**

13 comments:

  1. Never heard of this brand but that mosaic looks amazing!

    Finding-beauty-diaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That eye look you created is gorgeous! Love that mosaic blush too! Looks lovely on you!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great looking products! I especially like herbal mosaic powder and cosmopolitan lipstick!

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard only good things about Palladio cosmetics and this review proves the same :) All shades look nice, vibrant, well pigmented.


    makeupdemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great. I have seen this brand a lot at Sally's but I personally have never tried it before.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...beautiful eye makeup dear n grgs products...
    loved it

    my recent one :http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in/2014/02/valentines-day-celebration-2014-with-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great products, love the red lip stick.
    Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous lips!!! I love how colorful you do your make up! so fun!

    love, polly :)
    polybland.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that eye shadow palette! Those colors are beautiful! And all of the lip colors look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, awesome pigmentation and the colors are beautiful <3 I'm a lip poduct fanatic too haha :D, it is soooo hard for me to not buy all the pretty colors I see :)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see this brand at Sally Beauty all the time, and I've thought about trying it out. Good to know the shadows are nicely pigmented. Lipsticks sound like an awesome value, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...