Friday, February 7, 2014

Skinny Dip Candles

Since Valentine’s Day is approaching and many of us will be celebrating with our loves I thought what better way to commemorate the day than with a review on some deliciously scented products from Skinny Dip Candles
More Than Just a Candle
Although I love the ambiance of a candlelit dinner these sweet candles do so much more than illuminate your room and set the mood. They can also be used as a massage oil, moisturizing lotion and body balm! There is nothing better than a romantic, relaxing massage with luxurious oils.


Skinny Dip Candles also sells edible candles/massage oils in a variety of appealing flavors and in the natural line they offer essential oil candles. All of the candles are hand poured and they are like none I have ever tried before! They are definitely the ultimate all in one candles!

 Scents
The scents I chose are Black Raspberry Vanilla which smells as amazing as the name indicates and Feeling Flirty which is a scent that is suppose to resemble the Victoria’s Secret scent called Love Spell. Love Spell smells sweet and fruity. When you light these candles they fill the room with a wonderful aromatic scent and when you use them on your skin you smell just as good! There are over 30 incredible scents to choose from, the two that I have are best sellers.


How it Works
These candles have a unique composition that allows them to burn at just over body temperature (102 degrees). When melted they are heated so that the oil can be applied directly to the skin without burning and the candles each come with a handy scoop to extract the oil .


Ingredients:
(Both candles have the same ingredients)
soybean oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, sunflower oil, cocoa butter, vitamin E, essential oil.
Benefits
Reading the ingredient list above you can see why these candles are also beneficial for the skin. Aside from using the melted oil for massage you can also use it to moisturize your cuticles, relieve dry hands, elbows and feet and to improve skin elasticity. I do find it a bit difficult to remove the product from the jar when in solid form so I prefer to use the candles once melted. The warm oil feels amazing on the skin, it helps release tension, relax muscles and the scents elicit a decadent aroma therapy benefit.


Textures
The candles seem to have 3 textures solid, semi-solid and oil. My favorite texture for moisturizing the skin is the semi-solid form; this is when the candle oil is just beginning to return to a solid form but is not quite there yet. The oils feel soft, mushy and buttery and you can scoop it out and rub it in. It makes skin feel super soft! When the candle is an oil and you begin rubbing it into the skin the, oil slowly turns into a creamy, body butter texture so you won't remain oily after application! I recommend keeping the tin closed when not in use to prevent the build up of dust on the candle.

After all the fun I had testing out the candles I think these products are ingenious! They make great gifts for every occasion and on Valentine's Day they can be gifted and used to make the night even more special and intimate. 

Pricing:
*Full Size (6 oz tin) $12.95 each
*Skinny Minis (1 oz) $5.95 each 
*Edible candles (6 oz tin) $14.95 each
Other products
Skinny Dip Candles also makes natural lip balms for hydrating dry chapped lips. I received the Barely There unscented balm and there are 12 other scents to choose from. It contains: soybean oil, beeswax, sunflower oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, vitamin E and flavored oil. 


For more information you can find Skinny Dip Candle on their website at: SkinnyDipCandle.Com
and on

**Disclaimer: These products were provided to me for a sponsored review courtesy of Skinny Dip Candles. All opinions stated in this review are my own and based on my experience with the products. Results may vary based on individual use.**

7 comments:

  1. Great review, sounds like a great product.
    Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard before of these type of candles, but I have never tried them :D If it has vanilla in the name then i will definitely love the scent haha :D I also really like the packaging <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! I have never heard of candles like this before, but think that these are affordable, especially considering that they have two uses. Love Spell is one of my favorite scents from Victoria's Secret, so I bet I'd really like Feeling Flirty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cool that these candles have so many uses! I've never tried anything like this before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, multipurpose candles...love the idea!! i imagine they smell really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome product! I love that it builds elasticity. So important in women who want to be mothers one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the review. and the raspberry vanilla scent sounds great!

    Rozlyn P.

    http://thedaredbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...