Monday, November 16, 2015

Vacationing in Munich Germany: Photos & Tourism

The last part of my travel series ends in Munich Germany, after a lovely time in Croatia. Munich felt very familiar to me and the people were courteous and eager to help as we took public transportation around the city. We didn’t have much time in Germany but we did get to see the famous beer gardens, outdoor markets, town square, parks, Nymphenburg Palace and main shopping areas. I loved the abundance of bakeries and pastry shops and the shopping in the suburbs was very affordable so I loaded up on some German candy and other treats for the trip back.

Town Hall

Rathus-Glockenspiel located in Marienplatz in the town square


Heiliggeistkirche Gothic Church

Autumn in Munich is stunning!



The front of Nymphenburg Palace

Nyphemburg Palace is a work of art like many of the palaces and churches I have encountered in Europe. The palace was the main summer residence of the former rulers of Bavaria and the rooms are covered in colorful paintings, elaborate gold trim and luxurious furniture.




The back of the palace boasts a large garden surrounded by trees and a small lake.


Vikualienmarkt: A daily market in the center of Munich where locals and tourists can purchase fresh fruit, baked goods and handmade souvenirs. 


The shopping in Munich is fantastic! The clothing is stylish and well tailored and the prices are reasonable! I think we may plan another trip down just to shop! 

Shopping mall

I definitely want to explore more of Germany and maybe next time I will take a trip over to Berlin! If you missed my photos of Istanbul, Dubrovnik and Montenegro check them out! 

1 comment:

  1. These photos are absolutely stunning. I would love to go there one day. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...