Monday, April 18, 2016

TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Review

I think of TRESemmé as a classic staple in my beauty collection. I have used their products on and off since I was a teen and I love that the brand aims to deliver salon quality results to drugstore shelves at affordable prices. Recently I was sent a box containing the new Expert Selection Beauty-Full Volume Collection dedicated to enhancing body and bounce. The new line puts an innovative spin on traditional hair washing in that it reverses the process to prevent heaviness.


The Reverse Wash system is not new to me, in fact a few other brands I use have incorporated this technique as well. The method is simple, instead of starting with shampoo you begin with the conditioner which helps soften and prep the hair for cleansing by creating a protective layer of nourishment. You then rinse and lather-up to wash away any heaviness that is left behind. The final step involves styling products, in this case the Hair Maximizer.

Step 1: Pre-Wash
The conditioner is formulated with a combination of Fleximax Volumizers and polishing ingredients that bind to cuticles and leave hair smooth and soft but not flat. The pump bottle is convenient for in-shower use and although the scent is similar to many other TRESemmé products I’ve tried, it smells amazing...I’m talking so irresistible you will be stealing whiffs for days!


Incredible aromas aside, let’s talk about what really makes a conditioner - soft, sleek, shiny hair that feels wonderful and revitalized. As far as all those things are concerned the new formula gets my stamp of approval. It’s not deep treatment good (that’s not what it’s for) but it does coat every strand to provide enough slip for detangling and it makes my hair feel great. This comes as no surprise to me as I’ve been using TRESemmé conditioners to moisturize or co-wash for years and have found them quite reliable.

Step 2: Shampoo
After your hair is silky and tangle-free you then use the shampoo to wash away the heaviness of the conditioner. I would have felt more confident in the system had the shampoo not contained Sodium Laureth Sulfate (which I’m not huge fan of) but I gave it a go anyway.

As expected it did what shampoo is suppose to do, it foamed away build-up, excess oils and cleansed from root to tip but it also seemed to substantially diminish the hydrating effects of the conditioner. All the lovely moisture my parched ends crave was undone by the soapy suds so I had to condition again which was a bit of a hassle.


For those with dry hair or damage, a good conditioner is essential for diminishing the negative effects of environmental aggressors, coloring and heat styling so for best results it should probably be the final step. I can’t recall many conditioners that have actually weighed down my hair, in fact I condition frequently and I love a good hair mask!

If you do have oily hair and conditioning does weigh down your strands then I get where TRESemmé is going with this. The collection is meant to prevent limpness so you can achieve volume and body. Unfortunately this method didn’t work for my hair type but the good news is I can simple reverse the reverse method (did I confuse you?) and continue to use the products in their rightful order. If you do decide to shampoo first, you won't lose out on any of the volumizing ingredients and you also get a lot of bang for your buck as the bottles are very large (salon size).

Step 3: Finishing Product
This collection also includes a few new finishing/styling products but the one I have is the Hair Maximer Cream that can be applied after conditioning on damp hair. The cream has the same great scent and helps smooth cuticles. Although I didn’t notice any dramatic volumizing effects I do think the cream helped tame frizz and fly-aways for a sleek, glossy finish.


You can find this collection in drugstores nationwide and TRESemmé is usually very affordable. Visit the website by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...