Thursday, May 19, 2016

How to Care For Your Skin While Traveling: Clarisonic Mia Fit Review

As many of you know I love to travel but sometimes all that globetrotting takes a toll on my skin. I board the plane with my hair done, makeup intact and a fresh, healthy complexion but after hours in- flight, I hit the tarmac looking like a hot mess! The dry airplane air causes excess oil production and when you factor in jet lag, lack of sleep, pore clogging foundation and new environmental aggressors what you get is irritated, blemished skin. My worst flare-up yet was when I went to Hawaii. My skin reacted so terribly that I had to take my vacation cleansing routine to the next level and that’s where the new Clarisonic Mia Fit comes in!


The Mia Fit was designed with active people in mind and comes in 3 pretty shades with 2 speed settings for customization. The smaller size is perfect for travel and slips into a gym bag for a quick cleansing session post workout. Like the original, the Fit delivers powerful sonic vibrations to remove dirt, sweat, oil and heavy makeup for a deep cleansing experience like no other. For long summer days spent soaking up the sun and layered in thick sunscreen, this device keeps skin even and pores clear.

Although the Mia Fit is not meant for harsh, vigorous exfoliation, it does help slough away dead surface cells for smooth polished looking skin. It also cleans 6X better than hands alone and enhances the absorption and efficiency of creams, serums and oils allowing skin to glow and thrive!


The Radiance Brush Head is soft, non-abrasive (suitable for sensitive skin) and designed with dense, non-porous bristles that repel bacteria. You can also adjust the intensity by simply pressing lighter or harder and it removes 99% of micro pollution particles to help prevent breakouts, irritation and dullness.


The device comes with a charger base which also doubles as a holder but the built-in battery cannot be replaced and requires 18 hours of charging time. It is recommended that you change the brush every 3 months but I find that replacement time is relative to how much you use it.

When I’m jet setting I don’t have much time for my usual beauty routine so this tool helps immensely! The Fit is lightweight and waterproof so you can stand it up in the shower for easy access. I begin by gently removing my makeup and then rinsing the brush and my face (the wetter the better). I prefer applying my foaming cleanser directly on the bristles and simply moving it in circular motions to spread the lather. The intense vibrations do most of the work for you and the device beeps to indicate when it’s time to move onto another area of the face. After cleansing I usually use a sheet mask which is convenient for travel and I end with my serums and creams.


After using the Mia Fit my skin feels incredibly soft, silky, supple, smooth and fresh so you can bet I'll be taking it when I head to Turks & Caicos in a couple days. It greatly improves the cleansing process including my skin’s tone, texture and resiliency to travel flare-ups. My makeup application looks flawless and it has even reduced the occasional pimples and heat rash I experience while away.


If you crave clean, radiant skin and need a handy little tool that works with your busy schedule then this device is a great option! The Mia Fit retails for $199.00 and the Sonic Radiance Brush is $30.00. You can find Clarisonic at department stores, Sephora and online by clicking HERE.

1 comment:

  1. My skin takes a beating sometimes when I travel too. I have never used a clarisonic before. This device sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...