Thursday, May 5, 2016

Stila Convertible Color Dual Lip & Cheek Palette Review

Is it just me, or have you noticed a recent surge in the popularity of lip palettes? For professional kits, having a variety of flattering shades on-hand is useful and when traveling, multi-purpose products are convenient. The new Lip & Cheek Palettes by Stila include 5 pigments that accentuate your pout and add a healthy flush of color to revive dull skin.


You can apply the creams with a finger (which can be a tad messy while on-the-go) or a lip brush as I prefer. The compact is light and small enough to slip in a purse plus it comes with a decent sized mirror. In the Sunrise Splendor Palette there are two nude pigments (English Rose & Lillium), two pinks (Cherry Blossom & Fuchsia) and one pretty berry hue called Tulip.


On my skin tone, I probably won’t use the nude shades for blush as they don’t provide the pop of color I crave to brighten my complexion and they aren’t deep enough for contouring. I usually prefer warmer shades of blush but the vibrant pinks may be more wearable for summer and I love how they enhance and moisturize my pout.

The texture of the pigments is what makes them so convertible. The consistency is light, rich, smooth and creamy with the ability to go from sheer to medium coverage. On the cheeks, they can be blended out for a subtle wash of color and blending thoroughly also helps soften and dull the shiny finish for a matte look. Despite the creamy consistency, they set well and last all day with no stickiness.


When layered on the lips, you can intensify the shine and color to medium coverage for luminosity and fullness. I also find that using the same color accent throughout the face can create beautiful symmetry and balance.


The inclusion of a lip brush would have been nice but the pigments are easy to work with and they smudge well to create a beautiful fade across the skin for a natural effect. The palette retails for $51.00.


Like many women who have had the pleasure of trying Stila’s Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks I am totally hooked! My new obsession is the shade Bacca, a deep, sultry red that accentuates any makeup look for instant glam! The formula is matte and dries like a lacquer for hours of wear but it can make lips feel a bit tight and doesn’t offer much moisture. I recommend using a lip primer for more comfort but it’s a small price to pay for bold, full coverage color and this shade is an absolute must! The Liquid Lipsticks retail for $31.00 ea.



You can find Stila at Shoppers Drug Mart, beautyboutique.ca and Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...