Friday, July 8, 2016

Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Quads Review & Lock It Concealer Crème

Since getting my first Kat Von D eye shadow palette I’ve been experimenting with sensational color and creating trendy looks inspired by Kat’s edgy style. Recently the brand has embraced the contouring trend by releasing the Shade + Light Palettes - designed to define and enhance the eyes with a fun range of knock-out pigments.


If you think contouring is just for the face, think again! You can use the technique to transform many areas of the body and I’ve seen artists elongate the neck, reshape the décolletage, create chiseled abs, ample cleavage, slim limbs and the other day I even stumbled upon a video for ear contouring! 

I love the sparkle of a shimmery shadow but sometimes a girl just craves the true richness of a pure matte and that’s exactly what you get with these! All of the shades are silky and sumptuously smooth with a hint of creaminess for easy application and excellent coverage. Like many of Kat's shadows, the pigmentation is top notch with high-intensity, stunning color pay-off that blends like a dream and lasts all day without creasing, fading or smudging.


When it comes to amazing quality, impressive texture and seamless application, Kat’s shadows rank among the best I’ve tried...and I’ve tried a lot! I always apply my shadows over a good primer but these babies are so bold they can stand alone.

The Smoke Palette contains a beige base, deep blue definer, slate grey contour and a stark white highlight. I love a smokey eye and the grey - navy combo is my absolute fave for creating smoldering contrast, depth and dimension.


The Sage Palette with its dark green, velvety cream and wheat beige wasn’t one I expected to like as much as the others but as it turns out vivid greens are kind of my thing and these hues are mysterious and dramatic.


Rust is warm and inviting with eye catching orange and toasty brown mingled with peachy cream and a frosty highlight. These hues remind me of autumn leaves.


The plum in this palette is actually more of a deep burgundy-purple which I love and the lilac-grey contour shade creates the perfect balance of contrast.



Since I’m reviewing Kat Von D Beauty I should also mention that I love the new Lock-It Concealer ($26.00) created to encompass everything you’d ever want in a formula including loads of rich pigment for one coat coverage, 24 hour wear and a moisturizing Hydra-Boost Complex. It brightens, covers blemishes, corrects discoloration, neutralizes redness, diminishes dark circles and can even be used to contour.


There are 21 shades available from fair to deep (the color above is D33 Warm). I like that the consistency is creamy and full coverage plus you can use it to highlighting (if you go a bit lighter than your skin tone). You do have to blend and set with powder to avoid under eye creasing but if you’re aiming for flawless skin, this concealer is a definite keeper! The Lock-It Edge Concealer Brush ($24.00) is great for precisely patting on or layering product and the unique sculpted shape is perfect for under the eyes.

While perusing this collection at Sephora, don’t forget to check out Kat’s other brushes! They are ultra soft, well shaped and made with chic, stiletto handles and dense, high quality bristles for professional results and superior blending.

Setting Powder Brush & Edge Foundation Brush

Kat Von D Beauty can be found online by clicking HERE and at Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...