Monday, July 18, 2016

Marcelle Cosmetics Rouge Xpression Lipstick Review: The Essential Pinks

With so many brands at the drugstore it can be difficult to know what’s good but Marcelle has been a steady part of my beauty routine for years and I love their unique pigments. Recently the popular Rouge Xpression Lipsticks got a summery makeover by adding 3 pretty pinks to the collection ranging from soft, mid tone and bright.

The brand totally enticed me with the cute packaging! I’m not a fan of sushi but when it’s really trendy lipstick disguised as lunch in a to-go container I’m all for it!


These hues are fresh and light with a hypoallergenic, gluten-free formula void of irritating perfumes. The packaging is simple and the lipsticks are creamy, velvety and hydrating so they glide on effortlessly with no drag or skipping.


From left to right in the photo below: 960 Show of Pink is a coral-pink that instantly perks up the complexion with layers of vibrant, satiny color. 875 Berry Blossom was a total surprise! In the tube it looks quite basic but once applied it has a gorgeous metallic-pearl finish with a hint of mico-shimmer that makes lips appear dazzling and dramatic! I am totally in love with this hue and the radiant, moist finish is quite unique! I don’t usually get excited about nude lipstick and although 840 Pink Lace appears rather light and beige it has a flattering wash of mild pink that makes it very wearable. I didn’t expect to like this color but the pink and beige mix to create a creamy neutral-mauve that actually looks good on me! I think with the right attitude anyone can pull these off and as I’ve said before, you really do have to swatch each shade because Marcelle always adds an stunning twist.



The pigmentation is fantastic and layers sheer to full coverage in just a few silky swipes. Each shade has a light sheen but they are creamy, comfortable and quite saturated without being slick or glossy. Fortified with nourishing oils and vitamins, the formula is moisturizing, volumizing, silky and plush to promote fuller looking lips and prevent peeling. The lipsticks retail for just $11.95 each and you can pick them up at most major drugstores or at marcelle.com. For online U.S orders please visit
 marcelle.com/us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...