Monday, July 4, 2016

Pür Limited Edition Glow Together Bronzer & Hydra Fluid Water Serum Foundation Review

It seems to be the summer of jumbo bronzers and if you plan to get your highlight on why not sparkle for a good cause?! The Glow Together Bronzer emits a golden goddess sheen to mimic natural sunkissed color and a portion of the proceeds are donated to Action Against Hunger - a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger.


The compact is huge so it will probably last several summers and seasons and the large mirror is great for makeup application. The bronzer contains a pretty gradient of color: 3 matte hues in neutral tones and 3 shimmer strips in golden bronzy shades designed for all complexions. Although many of the colors are flattering, the lighter mattes are a bit too nude for creating much contrast on my skin so I use them to transition and blend eye shadow or as a soft highlight. The shimmers would probably work on all skin tones but I’m not sure the mattes would, you’d have to mix and match to determine the best way to use each shade.


The bottom three colors have a beautiful iridescent finish that inspires sunny, tropical vibes and luminous, healthy looking skin. Although the pigments are quite subtle, they can be intensified and the silky smooth texture blends well. The deepest bronze creates a mesmerizing warm glow that really does make my skin look like I’ve been vacationing in the Caribbean whereas the champagne (third from the bottom) brightens and enhances beautifully. Should you wish to show-off a little skin this summer, you can also use the powders to illuminate the body for a sexy sheen. The bronzer retails for $34.00.



I am always a little skeptical when testing new foundations especially when the Hydra Fluid Water Serum Collection only has 3 shades, but I really like it! I have the color Tan which is the lightest of the three (also available in Dark and Deep) and although it didn’t seem like it would work at first, the pigment blends seamlessly and transformed to match my skin tone. I’m not sure if this is one of those formulas with color-converting technology but I'm quite impressed with how well it compliments my complexion.


For summer, many makeup wearers prefer to go with lightweight foundations (not me in particular, I like full-coverage for the most flawless skin possible) but this formula provides efficient medium coverage which is actually enough! It conceals and camouflages mild discoloration, blemishes, redness and problem areas with a super silky, dewy texture that blends beautifully and looks even and smooth. The formula was designed to create a “bare looking,” natural effect whatever your skin tone and that is exactly what it does, plus you can simply enhance the coverage by layering. I don’t know if everyone will be able to find a perfect match but it definitely worked for me. The formula is also infused with water sourced from the Swiss Alps which helps refresh, purify and prevent dryness. The foundation retails for $39.00.

You can find Pür Cosmetics at Shoppers Drug Mart and online by clicking HERE

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this looks so pretty! I just got a palette from Tarte because the colors were perfect for my skin tone. Although these colors are to light for me your swatches look so pretty.

     Sierra Berry | @itsberrystylish  

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...