Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Too Faced Dark Chocolate Soleil Bronzer & Love Flush Blush Review

I’ve been all about the contour and highlight this summer and since Too Faced has so many beautiful pigments I decided it was time to try their delicious antioxidant rich cocoa powder bronzer!


There are 3 hues to choose from including: Milk Chocolate (light to medium), Chocolate (medium to deep) and Dark Chocolate (deep tan). If you want to contour with these powders they aren’t very dark (unless you have fair, light or olive skin) so you may want to go a shade deeper. The texture is smooth, slightly creamy and buildable which is perfect for light sculpting or creating a faux tan and they smell amazing. If you have a darker complexion these shades may show up more caramel toned but keep in mind that they are “bronzers” not intense contour shades.


I like that the powder blends well which is very important when choosing a bronzer. Powders that settle right where you place them tend to create harsh streaks giving the impression that your contouring game isn’t quite on-point. I had no trouble blending this rich, chocolaty brown and because the pigment isn’t very dark or obvious (on my skin), the definition points fade nicely for a soft matte effect. I am usually in the medium range and although the Dark Chocolate looks quite deep it is subtle and similar to my skin tone, more like a nude. The Soleil Bronzer retails for $38.00.


A few months ago I featured the Love Flush Blush Palette which includes 6 summery hues ranging from nude, pinks, coral and berry - (Click HERE to read the full review). If you don’t like every color in the palette, the blushes are also available in larger, single shade heart compacts for $32.00 each so you can pick up your faves.


The color Justify is a weightless, mild pink with subtle shimmer that creates a natural tint and a bit of highlight for radiance. Although you can layer this shade it isn’t bold or intense and despite the micro-glitter on top, the powder provides a matte base. The texture is silky and dry but I haven’t noticed any flaking or caking and it definitely boosts my complexion without fading very much throughout the day.   


Too Faced Cosmetics can be found at Sephora or online by clicking HERE

1 comment:

  1. The Too Faced LVoe Flush blush is too cute for words. I need it in my life! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...