Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Too Faced Melted Chocolate Liquefied Lipstick Review

Too Faced took their bestselling Melted Liquefied Lipsticks to the candy factory, infused them with antioxidant rich cocoa powder and created 6 delicious hues that resemble warm, molten chocolate!


Aside from making you hungry, these bold shades are intensely pigmented, full coverage and high-impact so they glide on nicely and saturate lips in lush, daring color. Although the tubes resemble lip gloss packaging, these babies aren’t anything like your run of the mill lip colors. They seem to be a magnificent combination of cream, lacquer and stain with a lightweight, comfortable texture and satiny shine that hydrates for hours.


To dispense the color you must squeeze the tubes but the angled tip makes application quite simple and I even use the edge to precisely outline and define my lips. Although the darker shade may be more fall themed, the packaging is ideal for warm, humid weather because you don’t have to worry about them melting or breaking like twist-up tubes and they deliver a punch of color that rivals most lipstick!


The Shades I have are - Chocolate Cherries which is a deep brown with red undertones and Chocolate Milkshake - a milk chocolaty nude. Despite their vividness, the colors don’t really leave behind a heavy stain and aside from meal time, they stay put and tend not to fade or bleed.


Although none of these shades really need a base, the Too Faced Lip Insurance Primer does help prolong wear, amp up pigment and lock in color with a powerful dose of anti-aging peptides that increases the appearance of fullness. When wearing such vibrant, intense hues I use this primer to create a layer of adhesion and ensure that my color won’t fade, feather or transfer. You can use it with any lipstick in your collection and it dries clear and quick. The finish of the original primer is demi-matte but there is also a glossy effect primer. They both retail for $27.00.


If you like the scent of the popular Chocolate Bar Palettes from Too Faced (and let’s face it we all do), these also smell good enough to eat! They keep lips moist and soft but not overly slick or glossy and the luminous shine makes your pout pop.

I haven’t fully embraced the dark brown lip trend yet but these have definitely inspired me to add a seductive twist to my signature glam creations. They retail for $28.00 each and you can find Too Faced at Sephora or online by clicking HERE.

~ To read my review on the gorgeous Melted Mattes click HERE ~

3 comments:

  1. I love how rich and pigmented these color are. I haven't smelled the brick yet-- but I need to! Everyone talks about it!

    www.madame-ostrich.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shades don't look great on me, so the next Too Faced purchase for me will be the Melted Mattes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that they smell just like the too face chocolate palettes. The shades are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...