Friday, August 19, 2016

GOSH Cosmetics Review

As you know, I have tried many beauty brands but there are still some great collections that have eluded me. GOSH is one of many brands that has caught my eye while browsing the makeup isles at Shoppers Drug Mart but I never really stopped to play around with the collection until now and I have to say, the colors are SO my style!


After a little research on trusty old Google, I learned that the cosmetic line began in Copenhagen and has now branched out to 75 countries worldwide with development and distribution in Denmark. The most important thing is quality, color, ease of application and longevity which is what I will explore in today’s blog debut.

When I saw the Velvet Touch Matte Lipsticks I just knew I had to have them! There are about 12 swoon-worthy shades in the collection which is not a large range but the colors are very eye-catching! Of course I went for the bold, vibrant, glamorous hues that are great for all season and complexions. These lipsticks provide medium coverage when layered heavier and they adhere better if lips are completely dry, which means no lip balm underneath. Although the formula is a bit creamy, I wouldn’t say the color glides on effortlessly. I did notice some drag and certain shades start off quite sheer requiring a few more swipes to intensify. Once you get a good dose of color going, they do look good but I would have liked a little more smoothness.


Since these are true mattes, they make lips look full and vivid without any shine. The formula is also infused with natural waxes and hyaluronic acid which provides just enough moisture, comfort and suppleness. The texture is so lightweight I often forget I’m wearing lipstick and the color fades into a nice stain.


Classic Red, Raspberry & Plum

My favorite fall shade is 008 Plum which is a rich wine-berry. The lipsticks retail for $14.00 each.

It was difficult to capture the true gorgeousness of the Eyelight Trios in photos because they are much prettier on the skin and the quality is great. The luxurious texture is creamy, rich, soft, smooth and highly pigmented for easy blending with tons of high impact color. I didn’t expect the formula to be so impressive but they do rival some of the best drugstore brands. Don’t let their simple appearance fool you, these shadows have a beautiful range of finishes from radiant shimmer, brilliant sparkle and deeper mattes to create a nice contrast. The shades are expertly matched for creating quick, stunning looks.


002 Fairytale includes purple-silver, purple-pink and soft metallic pink. I am totally obsessed with this combo and since it fits the glittering fantasy theme, I recently used it for an event that was hosted in a castle!


004 Vanilla Sky is the perfect palette for anyone who loves blue. The middle shade has a bright shimmer finish which looks lovely paired with the deep teal blue. The palettes retail for $16.00 each.



If you need a primer to go with those pretty pigments, the Illuminating Eye Roll-On makes a good colorless base that slightly hydrates, prolongs pigments, diminishes fine lines and smooths the skin in preparation for shadow application. Because the finish has a colorless illuminating base, it blurs dark circles and bags for a refreshed, bright appearance. The primer is made without preservatives and retails for $18.00.


I enjoy a good lip lacquer because they usually pack a bold punch of color and these little bottles are cute! I don’t think these shades have quite reached lacquer status but the bright bubble gum pink called Crispy Lips comes pretty darn close. It has a moisturizing gloss-cream consistency that is easy to layer and the color is quite intense. The orangey red called Hot Lips is more of a gloss with a sheer, comfortable tint. Since the color pay-off varies, I suggest swatching the shades in-store but overall, not bad. They retail for $12.00 ea.



I also have The Forever Lip Shine in the shade My Valentine which is I assumed would be simple, sheer and shiny but it turned out to be bold, bright and fabulous! The twist-up pencil design makes it easy to shape and sculpt your pout and the pigmentation is full-coverage with a texture that glides across the skin buttery smooth and drenches lips in vivid, saturated color. I think the brand should have released these as lip lacquers instead because they definitely deliver on hydration, comfort, and intensity. The Lip Shine retails for $15.00.



GOSH Cosmetics is available at Shoppers Drug Mart

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried GOSH either and I always walk right by it at Shoppers. I might have to give it a second look!
    I just put up a new blog post on new skincare I found from Sephora. I have a couple more posts coming this week. I'm a bit new to blogging and would love it if you checked out my blog!

    www.thinkingofmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...