Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Make Up For Ever Water Blend Foundation Review

It's time to start thinking about fall/winter skincare and for many of us that means incorporating more moisture. When it comes to makeup, I’m a full-coverage, flawless skin kind of girl but the new lightweight Water Blend Foundation was too enticing to resist!

This fluid new pigment is comprised of 80% pro-vitamin B5 water which gives it a silky, highly blendable texture for superior glide and consistency. Whether you use a sponge or brush, the color is easy to apply and although it initially feels a bit wetter than I’m use to, it sets well and dries with a dewy smooth finish for healthy looking skin.


Because the formula is light and spreadable, the color doesn’t cake or settle into my skin texture which is also easier on the pores! The water-gel texture looks and feels more natural plus the infusion of mango butter provides parched skin with a boost of hydration. I also like the durability of the water resistant, long-wear, transfer-proof finish which help prevent your face from melting off in heat and humidity - great for summer and tropical vacations.

Micro-fine pigments deliver sheer, sleek coverage and with some layering I was able to achieve medium coverage. It does a good job at evening skin tone to camouflage minor blemishes and surprisingly I didn’t miss the heavier formula of my regular foundation.

There are 20 shades to choose from and since one of my staple foundations is the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD I was confident that I could find a similar match. The corresponding numbers between the two collections aren’t exact. I usually wear 173 equal to Y445 but the undertone of the Water Blend is lighter and a bit more yellow whereas the HD Foundation has a deeper tint with a bit of red. I suggest testing the new shades in-store but overall I think this is a great option for those who prefer a fresh-faced look without all the added thickness and mattifiation. Like all foundations I've used, this one looks even better when set with the Make Up For Ever Micro Finish HD Translucent Powder which is still my favorite setting product!


The Water Blend Foundation retails for $54.00 and is available at Sephora and sephora.ca. Check out my review of the new Artist Rouge Lipsticks by clicking HERE.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I have to disagree with your review. Because the formulation is so thin, I found that it easily settled into pores and fine lines. It has no smoothing or cushioning effect at all :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm that's too bad, I didn't notice that at all but then again maybe it has to do with the difference in our skin. I found that it applied quite smooth but I did layer it well.

      Delete
  2. I read somewhere that you shouldn't use a sponge with this foundation because it will soak up a lot of product since it is primarily water! It looks so nice and light though!

    www.thinkingofmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation Brush because I have no idea where my Beauty Blender went lol. Totally see your point!

      Delete
  3. I'm so tempted to try this foundation but I'm worried about the dewiness of the finish. My skin is combo and I find a lot of foundations slide off my forehead midday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I set it with my MAC Studio Fix Powder and then with the MUFE HD Translucent Powder which helps. You can also try a setting spray.

      Delete
  4. I sampled this at Sephora and found it didn't cover well for me. I am at the age now where I need something with more coverage. I also found the price point a bit steep compared to the foundation I normally use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara,
      I usually wear full coverage foundation too but this one provided just enough coverage for me. I will probably wear it while I'm running errands or at the mall but for events, parties and special occasions I'll go with something else.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...