Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Make Up For Ever Artist Acrylip & Pro Sculpting Brow Palette Review

After attending my first few press events I’ve realized that 2017 may be the year of vivacious lip paints! Many brands are releasing a selection of bold, beautiful pigments that promise unstoppable color and I absolutely love this trend!


The Make Up For Ever Acrylip formula is inspired by the versatility of high pigment acrylic paint and is available in 10 vibrant hues that make your pout the center of attention. The color is packaged in squeeze tubes with angled felt tip applicators that effectively fill-in, blend and spread the product. Despite the bright lacquer-like finish, the Acrylips are non-drying with a hint of satiny shine and buildable coverage.


The shades are all gorgeous but I chose 401 Raspberry Red, 500 Lilac and 201 Fuchsia Pink. The consistency is weightless, non-sticky and breathable so I often forget they are on my lips and the stain is very pretty. Like many lip products that don’t have “stay all day” formulas, the color does transfer while eating and gradually fades with wear so reapplication is necessary throughout the day. For more longevity, adhesion and coverage I layer well and use a lip primer paired with feather-proof translucent liner.


If you love vivid pigment then you will probably like these but I recommend swatching a few since the colors may not always appear exactly as they do in the tubes. The Acrylips retail for $29.00 each.




The obsession with perfectly arched brows is still going strong and my all-time favorite product is still the Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow Gel. The brand has recently released the all-in-one Pro Sculpting Palette that contains everything you need to fill, shape, define and groom including: 3 powders, wax, dual ended applicator (spoolie + angled brush) and highlight.


I have palette 2 which is brown to black and palette 1 is suitable for blonde to dark brown hair. The powders range from light, medium and deep with the right amount of ashy undertones to appear natural and enough saturation for definition and buildable coverage. I usually have an issue with brow pigments appearing too light against my black hair but these work well and provide the perfect amount of intensity.

Although I prefer to outline with a liner, these highly blendable powders are great for filling in sparse areas to create fullness. The wax is a tad difficult to use from the pan and I would have preferred a powder highlight instead of a cream but I do like how subtle and soft it is. This travel-friendly brow palette retails for $52.00. 


You can find these great products at makeupforever.ca, Sephora and MUFE boutiques.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...