Monday, January 16, 2017

Pür Cosmetics The Perfect Matte Velvet Liquid Lipstick Review

If you haven’t tried any of the Pür Cosmetics lip products you are missing out on some seriously gorgeous pigment! The vivacious Lip Lures are some of my favorite bold lip creams on the market so when the brand released a matte collection I had to have it!

The set comes with 4 liquid lipsticks (2 neutrals, 1 bright red and 1 deep burgundy) plus a translucent agave lip oil for shine, comfort and moisture. When it comes to color, these babies are beautiful! I’m totally obsessed with every shade in the kit and the formula is luxurious and ultra creamy.


If you wear the lipsticks without a base, the smooth, rich texture provides enough hydration and a nice matte effect without drying out the lips. You can also apply the oil under the pigment as a conditioning base or as a top coat for a pop of shine and color revival. For the most consistent coverage layering works best but when used sparingly you can achieve a beautiful sheer stain or blend a small amount in the center of the lips for a soft blurred effect.


The pigment layers very well and it doesn’t take much product to achieve vibrant, full-coverage color that makes lips appear full and pouty. Although the texture is thicker than the average cream formula, the consistency isn’t heavy and spreads well. I absolutely love the intense color pay-off and bold saturation. I’ve even used a dab of the deepest hue as blush to perk-up my dull winter complexion.



Unlike some matte lipsticks these don’t dry down to a flat, non-transferable finish that accentuates the texture of your lips. They remain quite moist, smooth and light but they may smear onto surfaces while eating or drinking. For the most part I didn’t have any issues with feathering and after hours of wear I can simply rub my lips together and add some oil to redistribute the color.


Even though I’m not always the biggest fan of neutrals or nude lipstick I love the 2 flattering hues in this collection. The deep burgundy is vampy and very trendy while the glamorous red is sexy and perfect for Valentine’s Day or girl’s night out. My only complaint is that sometimes the applicators are a bit stiff when pulling them out of the tubes but overall these are definitely keepers! The set is valued at $100.00 but retails for just $34.00, you can find Pür Cosmetics/Pür  Minerals at Shoppers Drug Mart, beautyboutique.ca and purcosmetics.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...