Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Replenish Dry Skin With LUSH Moisturizers & Cleansers

The weather has finally started to warm up and here in Toronto many people are enjoying the transition. Although spring is around the corner, extreme seasonal change can cause all sorts of skin issues and dryness is a problem many of us have to deal with. Today I’ll be sharing some cult favorites from LUSH including cleanser, body conditioner and moisturizer to help start your day off right.


When I wake from my beauty sleep I groggily brush my teeth, cleanse my face and shower before starting the coffee maker. I haven’t always taken the extra time to deal with my skin first thing in the morning but adding this simple step to my daily routine has helped balance and invigorate my complexion. The Angels on Bare Skin Face & Body Cleanser is very unique! The texture is like soft Playdough made from Kaolin Clay and laden with visible pieces of dried lavender, ground almonds, rose, chamomile and more. Simply mix a piece with warm water to form a milky emulsion and massage in. The chunky bits gently exfoliate and soften while refreshing natural elements calm, smooth and hydrate. The scent is quite strong with predominate notes of fresh lavender and herbs that give off a relaxing meadowy aroma. The only downside is that it doesn’t really remove makeup or deep clean (so I don’t use it at night), it is a bit tedious to use on the entire body and cannot be applied on a cleansing brush/device. Although the crumbly consistency can be messy, the formula makes my skin resilient and supple so I use it daily to enhance my natural glow. The 100 g tub retails for $15.95.


Moringa is a “superfood” many people are raving about and in my house we use the organic powder in smoothies. The plant is rich in vitamins, nourishing fatty acids and antioxidants that have amazing anti-aging and healing benefits. The Magical Moringa Moisturizer is a thick, creamy balm loaded with Argan, Rosehip, Shea and Coco Butter for smooth, hydrated skin. Many use it as a makeup primer to create an even canvass and prolong wear. For something that looks and feels so rich in my hands I was surprised at how lightweight and matte the finish is. The balm melts in and creates a silky layer that controls oil and shine while subtly revitalizing the complexion with no residue. If you have very dry skin I wouldn’t recommend layering with oil or cream since it doesn’t seem to mix well other products and can start to flake-up when combined. Other than that Magical Moringa works well and would make a great summer moisturizer. It retails for $24.95.


After reading many great things about the African Paradise Body Conditioner I had to try it for myself. Infused with Shea Butter from Ghana, Aloe Gel from Kenya, juicy mango and nutritive oils, the lush formula softens, brightens and perfumes the skin with a buttery sweet scent that smells very exotic. Unlike a regular body cream, you apply this in the shower on wet skin and lightly rinse. It is always a good idea to use products fresh out of a warm shower while skin is slightly damp as they tend to sink in deeper, absorb more efficiently and last longer. I have also tried the conditioner outside of the shower and it hydrates thoroughly with no sticky film or residue. For winter skincare it greatly improves texture, increases moisture levels, eliminates dry, flaky patches and alleviates discomfort. It retails for $40.95.  


LUSH is available in stores and online at lush.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...