Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Too Faced Sweet Peach Glow Highlighting Palette & Papa Don’t Peach Blush Review

Unless you’ve been living under a rock recently you probably know that the Too Faced Peach Collection is one of the most coveted makeup sets on the market. Beauty junkies are going crazy for the sweet peachy pigments and if you’ve been able to get your hands on anything, consider yourself lucky! The shadow palette is the most popular item from the line so there are many reviews circulating and we all know how brilliant it is. Today I’ll be featuring the Papa Don’t Peach Blush and Sweet Peach Glow Palette that also comes with a handy how-to glamour guide.


First let’s talk about the scent because peach is one of my favorite flavors when it comes to candy, drinks or dessert and the juicy aroma smells good enough to eat! After I finally stopped sniffing it and got around to actually testing, I loved the peachy-coral blush and golden luminizer. I’ve read a few negative reviews about this trio, the main complaint being that the color payoff isn’t very strong and although I sort-of agree, the subtly doesn’t bother me very much.

The rose gold highlighter is gorgeous! It features a stunning combination of micro glitter embedded in a shimmery base and usually one swipe is all I need for bold saturation and a seriously radiant glow. The iridescent finish reflects light for optimum brightness and if you like that high-impact strobing effect you can definitely achieve it with this shade. The blush is pretty but the pigmentation is very soft and using a brush doesn’t really pick up and transfer much color if you want more than a light dusting of shimmer. The most efficient method (for me) is rubbing my finger back and forth over the blush and then swiping it onto my check in one fluid motion which I can then blend if need be. This way I can pack on the peachy color in layers and build up to the desired coverage. Although you do have to work at it and really dig into the pan, this hue is perfect for spring!


The bronzer is also very subtle and almost non-existent when using a brush. Unfortunately the light beige-brown tone blends into my complexion and almost disappears but layering it under the blush creates a mellow coral highlight.

We’ve come to expect high performance, intense pigmentation from Too Faced but this palette lacked vibrancy. With a little creativity I am able to make it work but you may want to swatch it at Sephora before you make a decision. The palette retails for $52.00.


The Too Faced Iconic Papa Don’t Peach Blush has been brought back and boy is it pretty! The warm peach tint has the perfect balance of lightweight color and subtle highlight for a healthy sheen that is great for everyday wear. The formula applies smooth and silky without emphasizing skin texture and the consistency is a bit creamy so application is neat and precise. When I want a soft glow with a hint of color this is the shade I reach for and it is suitable for most skin tones. The blush retails for $38.00.



Since the bronzer in the Peach Glow Palette didn’t really work for me I’ve been using the Passport to Bronze mini travel set which includes the best selling Chocolate Soleil powder, the Milk Chocolate powder, Sunny Bunny universal glow highlight and a small brush. Even though the shades are not extremely deep I can still use them for subtle contouring and I like the light, silky texture. The set retails for $32.00.


Too Faced Cosmetics is available at Sephora, Ulta Beauty and online at toofaced.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...