Monday, April 1, 2013

Easy Dinner or Lunch Idea: chicken salad

I don’t feel like making anything big for dinner tonight, I just want to plop down and relax. I made an easy chicken salad sandwich.

I purchased my roasted chicken at Highland Farms, which is my local grocery store. The whole chicken was $7.99. You can purchase a chicken, make a chicken, or use leftover chicken from a previous night’s meal.
You can have this chicken salad as a sandwich or you can have it on its own, it is completely up to you. 

This is my own recipe so you can add amounts of each ingredient to suit your individual preferences.

What I used:
- 2 roasted chicken breasts (without Skin) shredded or flaked using a fork
-Green Onion
-Celery (1 stalk)
-Sprinkle of garlic powder
-Baby spinach chopped (I used organic spinach)

-Cheese (whatever kind you prefer) diced in very small pieces; low fat cheese is a healthier option
-Black pepper
-An all purpose seasoning mix. I like Mrs. Dash original but today I used Olde Thompson hot and spicy seasoning. (make sure you watch the salt content if your seasoning has salt in the ingredient list)
-A very small dash or pinch of curry powder
-Pepper sauce or tobasco sauce, to taste (optional)
-Mustard about 1/3 teaspoon
-Chopped red pepper (optional)
-Low fat mayonnaise


 I had my sandwich with fresh strawberries and mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...