Thursday, April 10, 2014

Kevyn Aucoin Cosmetics: Eye Shadow Duo

Spring is in finally in the air and what better time to experiment with beautiful eye shadow!


In life there may be few people who inspire artistic expression and compel you to explore your skills. Kevyn Aucoin was one of my favorite makeup artists. He had the exceptional talent and ability to transform the face and accentuate a woman's natural beauty. He was the master of contouring and was well known for his work with celebrities like Janet Jackson, Cher, Cindy Crawford, Gwyneth Paltrow, Tina Turner, Vanessa Williams and many more. Kevyn's best selling book Making Faces is one of the most popular literary guides for Makeup Artists everywhere and helped many people improve their technique.

Today I am going to review Kevyn's eye shadow duo called Vellum Shimmer #202. This is a great every day palette! The shades are on the neutral side and can be worn alone or easily paired with a variety of other colors.



These shadows are silky smooth and highly pigmented. The golden shade is a great lid color and the silver is suitable for the lids and also makes a beautiful highlight for the inner eye area and the brow bone. Although there are only two shades in the palette they look beautiful simply paired with eyeliner. They also blend easily, don't crease and last all day. The formula is easy to work with and application is quick yet appears lovely with little effort.


These shades compliment many skin tones and can be worn during all seasons. For best results prime the lids with a good shadow base.




Although quite basic the palette is very nice and I love the quality. The look I created is soft and fresh, ideal for a sunny spring day.


I used the golden shade on my lids and darkened the crease with the color Busted from the Naked 2 palette and a matte black shadow. I used the silver shade to highlight around my inner eye area and I lined the top lash line with a liquid liner. I lined the bottom lashes with a pencil liner and smudged out the line for a soft finish. These shadows can be paired with almost any color lipstick. 

On my lips I am wearing a beautiful orange based coral lipstick called Coral Crush by Red Apple Lipstick


The duos also come in many other color combinations and retail for $42 each at Barney's New York. The price is reflective of a high end brand and may be quite steep for the average makeup lover. I recommend comparing prices among retailers. You can find the palettes HERE and you can check out the list of retailers HERE


Have you tried any products from Kevyn's line?

Disclaimer: This products was provided by The Makeup Show L.A in the Blogger Press Kit. I was not obligated to review this product. All opinion are my own. Results may vary based on individual use.

4 comments:

  1. Wow- the eye shadow duo looks fantastic- so pigmented and shimmery- I love it! XOXO, Sissi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I would like to try these eyeshadows.


    makeupdemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..nice review..you look gorgeous by the way
    love your blog...wanna follow eachother?
    let me know
    www.mystyleorgy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. never heard of this brand but love the look of the eyeshadows! definitely going to check it out online X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...