Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Makeup

Hello everyone,
As Valentine's day is almost here I decided to do another makeup look. I have a ton of pink and red eye shadows, lipsticks and blush so what better time to play around with them! 

Some people enjoy fuzzy teddy bears, heart shaped gifts and boxes of sweets this time of year and while I do enjoy the romance I prefer practical gifts. Flowers are pretty but they wilt and die, I don't need to eat an entire box of chocolate that will end up on my thighs while I go into a sugar coma and teddy bears just collect at the back of my closet. Makeup, clothes, trips, books and jewelry is what floats my boat, although a romantic dinner and a movie with my hubby is all I need. For those who find themselves single, remember that Valentine's Day is what you make of it, so why not celebrate all types of love and the people who make you feel appreciated, cared for and special. My sis and I like to get each other little Valentine gifts as well.

I did a Valentine's Day makeup look using dark bold pinks and a bright shimmery vanilla pigment.


To get this look I used:
EYES:
*Urban Decay Primer Potion
*Outer V area - bold pink from the Coastal Scents 120 Palette (2)
*Lid color- Shimmery vanilla pigment by Faces Cosmetics
*Crease: combination of Faces vanilla pigment + Madison Street Beauty eye shadow in: Pink Garnet
*Brow bone highlight: white shadow from the Coastal Scents 120 palette (2)

LIPS:
*NYX lipstick in the color Paris

FACE:
*MAC Fix + Spray
*MAC Studio Fix pressed powder
*NYX blush in the color Pinched
*Make-Up-Forever HD powder

I hope everyone enjoys their Valentine's Day


xoxo ~Erica

7 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I am loving the pink lip shade. That vanilla pigment is also really nice in the eye look. Have fun tomorrow night!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty! I simply just love the vibrant color combinations and am always in awe at how you pull off such bold looks effortlessly! Love this!! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Red really fits you!

    - Micaylah from www.beautysblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica! Another amazing job my dear. So sweet! :) Enjoy your Valentine's Day. I hope hubby does something very special for you. :) ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing Erica! I never experiment with pink shadows but your look is definitely making me want to try them out :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great overall look and Happy Valentine's Day to you! I agree with you about the gifts--I prefer coffee, wine, books, and outings over flowers and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...