Friday, January 24, 2014

Dramatic Makeup

Today I have a quick makeup post mixing different shades of purples, lavender and blue. I love mixing my shadows together and creating my own custom shades. Sometimes I don't quite know what I will end up with which makes it even more interesting!



To get this look I used:
Eyes:
*Madison Street Beauty Wisteria- lid color (mixed with purples from the 120 palette)
*NYC liquid eye liner
*Urban Decay Primer Potion
*Maybelline Rocket mascara
Lips: 
Face:
*e.l.f face primer
*MAC Studio Fix pressed powder
*Make Up Forever HD powder
*e.l.f shimmering facial whip

14 comments:

  1. Very beautiful make up!
    The colours look great on you!
    Have a nice weekend Erica!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful look! You're so good at coming up with gorgeous color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you have come up with some pretty beautiful combos yourself :)

      Delete
  3. You literally suit every colour combination. Looks stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your colorful makeup ideas ;)

    makeupdemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty vibrant look! That's the fun part about makeup, we keep trying different things and never know what we will end up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing look, such a cool colors! Love your blog, following you now on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always! How do you get your make-up so bright!?
    thebeautybugx0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Casey, thanks :) It helps to start off with bold colors that have good pigmentation. I have a few palettes that don't have such great pigmentation and I can assure you they didn't turn out looking like this! I use a very good eye shadow primer and heavily apply the shadow in layers so that they show up bright for the post. I also take the photos in really good lighting, usually right in front of a window with the background behind me very dark. Its a combo of products and lighting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...