Saturday, December 7, 2013

Madison Street Beauty Mineral Eye Shadow Review

Today I am going to bring you a review on some stunning mineral eye shadows by Madison Street Beauty. This beauty company creates environmentally friendly, 100% natural, vegan cosmetics that are not only safe but absolutely gorgeous and great quality. Although I buy all types of makeup it is always an added bonus when I find a brand that I know is cruelty free and won't harm my skin.

I received these beautiful loose shadows in an array of vibrant colors. When you visit the website there are so many color options to choose from that I found it difficult to narrow down which ones I wanted! Madison Street Beauty has something for everyone, whether you like soft hues, warm tones neutral colors or bold shades they have you covered.

Sizes
These shadows come in 3 different sizes, large (2.5g), regular (1g) and sample size (0.5g). The different sizes allows you to get as much or as little color as you want. If you already know what colors are your favorites then the large jars are great, if you aren't sure what to choose then you can opt for the sample jars and get a large variety.
Price
Right now on the website there are a lot of shades on sale. The regular prices for these shadows are only $4.99 each (for the 1g jar) and some are on sale for $2. Madison Street Beauty has successfully combined high quality, safe eye shadows at extremely affordable prices. 

Lets take a look at the colors I picked...

Quality
These mineral shadows apply incredibly pigmented! Unlike some loose shadows that are hard to build up these apply smooth and if you pat them on it is very easy to build up the colors and blend them out. I always wear a good eye shadow primer under my eye makeup but when swatching these shadows on my hand they were so pigmented that I didn't even need to use a primer to capture the richness of the colors for the photos below.

Finish &Texture
I am already planning which holiday events I am going to wear these gorgeous colors to. The shade Ocean Coral has the most glitter particles and gives off a nice sparkle effect; the rest of the shadows have a velvety smooth metallic finish.
Packaging
Not only are these shadows long lasting but they don’t crease if you prime your eyelids and the jars have a sifter so you can control the amount of product that dispenses. The design is simple yet effective. For shipping I liked that the jars were shrink wrapped and secured because I hate it when my shadows are damaged and scattered into a mangled mess when they arrive at my door. The amount of product you receive per jar is determined by weight and the density of the individual shadow.

More Makeup!
Madison street beauty also sells: nail lacquer, blush, bronzer, concealer, foundation, lip balm, setting powder tools and everything is eco friendly! I would love to try out some more items from this brand because the shadows are amazing and I would definitely recommend them.

Glistening Emerald
I created this look using the color Emerald. This would be great option for Holiday parties, and events. It was simple to achieve this level of pigmentation, I actually used very little shadow and it produced an amazing effect. 
Stars & Storms
For this look I used the colors Silver Star and Storm. I think this rich blue is a beautiful hue and easier to wear than lighter shades of blue. Silver Star can be paired with almost any other color or used as a highlight to brighten up the eyes. I used an eye shadow primer and built up the color to achieve this deep blue saturation. 

Application
I am in awe at how beautiful and what great quality these shadows are. I recommend sifting out a tiny bit of product and dipping the brush into the jar. I also suggest using a good primer as your base and a flat eye shadow brush to pat the color onto the lid for less mess. My shadow remained looking great the entire day. I also recommend applying these eye shadows before applying any foundation, concealer or powder to your face so that you won't mess up your makeup if there is any fallout. 

You can find Madison Street Beauty on their website at - MadisonStreetBeauty.com
and via the following links:


**Disclaimer: These products were provided to me for a sponsored review courtesy of Madison Street Beauty. All opinions stated in this review are my own and based on my experience with the products. Results may vary based on individual use.**

25 comments:

  1. Love the color of the eyeshadows! I have heard amazing things about their products and I have been meaning to give them a shot. Great review!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look gorgeous! I will have to check out this company. I have never heard of them before. Thanks for the great review!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You like bold colors like me so I think you will love them Kat

      Delete
  3. WowThose pigments looks fantastic! I love the and Storm color! I am going to have to check them out! Great Review hun!

    www.muslimahluvsmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! what a gorgeous colors!! I use powder shadow with a wet brush,it helps to keep in place (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Ocean Coral is....GORGEOUS, I have never seen a color like that, must get my hands on it :X You've created two beautiful looks using these eye shadows, love them! :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. These colors look so rich and the price is not bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these look super pigmented! I really like the look of silver star hehe. x

    Check out my blog and follow me maybe? x
    michelleytan.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, these are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh all of these look amazing!!!!
    Stars & Storms is my favourite

    Gorgeous <3

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful colours!
    My favourites are emerald and silver star. I have similar ones from other brand.

    http://www.beautyandthemist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving the rich color of the eye-shadows. That green color is gorgeous and I love how it looks on you.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for MSB! Ever since I first visited your lovely blog, I thought you might like MSB products. I think the emerald looks incredible on you and great for the holidays! =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been following each other for a while so you do know me well LOL I do love them, you are so right!

      Delete
  13. these colors are so rich and pretty. they're all so amazing! really love that blue on you.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh wow the colours are much more radiant than I would have imagined, they look awesome on you too!
    I should try mineral eyeshadows too :-) Love it really! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I'm so tempted to buy wisteria! That color is magical! I need to control myself and not buy anymore eyeshadows but that price is pretty good. Maybe after Christmas....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the blue on you!!! I don't think I could pull it off, but you're rocking it!

    Améliorer la Vie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi so um.. How do you blend eyeshadow. I am doing a cheer makeup look. And of course it is over the top makeup. It is two colors. Blue from the crease all the way down to the lash line and a light bluish silver from right above the crease up to the eyebrow. Black liquid eyeliner on the lash line and another question, how to do a wing with a black liquid eye liner pen. How do you do mascara even. And where to put blush. Sorry there is so many questions. Trust me this will help cause I am horrible at makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaisha, well you have definitely come to the right place for makeup :)

      Blending eye shadow has a lot to do with the brushes you use and how you apply the shadow. I start with an eye shadow primer (always), my favorite being the Urban Decay Primer Potion. For loose shadows like the ones in this post I opt for a flat eye shadow brush, I like the e.l.f ones. I usually pat the lid color on until I build up a saturation that I am happy with. For the crease when I want to get a neat edge I use a piece of tape and apply it diagonally from the end of my outer eye to the end of my eyebrow. If you fill in your brows I would do that first. I then use a blending brush, I have many blending brushes. I work on each color I am using and really take my time blending them out. I use transition colors (colors that are lighter but similar to the crease color) so that the shade seems to fade into my brow bone color. Sometimes I use other eye shadow brushes too, you really have to play around with them to see how they work.

      For liquid liner this really takes practice and a steady hand. It takes most people some time to get a nice straight line and master liquid liner. They do have eyeliners at Sephora that are suppose to be easier for beginners to use and learn with, it is called Smart Liner if you want to check it out. I am pretty good with eyeliner by now so I usually start in the middle and work my way out in small strokes building up the color of the line. You can also try making small dashes along the lash line and then connecting them. Sometimes I like to rest my elbow on my vanity table just to steady my hand. It is sometimes helpful and easier to draw the line on with a pencil eye liner first, Color Essence has a great one that glides on and is cheap. You can draw it on with the pencil and then just trace the line with the liquid liner.

      For mascara I did a post on how to apply it and care for your lashes: you can find that here: http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/2013/03/how-to-apply-mascara-care-for-your.html

      For blush applying it to the apples of your cheeks usually works but there are methods of applying blush based on the shape of your face. Here is a link for an article that has a chart showing you how to do that: http://www.makeup.com/how-to-apply-blush-for-different-face-shapes/

      With makeup practice helps a lot! Just keep at it and you will get there. Good luck with your makeup look.

      Delete
    2. PS you can find the blush chart on my beauty tips page plus other helpful tips: The tab is at the top of my blog

      Delete
  18. Thank you that really helps! BIG FAN!!!!!!!!!!!

    You make looks look so easy. They are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...