Thursday, October 23, 2014

Queen of The Damned Vampire Halloween Makeup

When I was a child my sister and I looked forward to Halloween. We had a great time dressing up as our favorite Disney characters, heroes or villains and scouring the neighborhood on the hunt for candy. I still remember the year our friends joined us to recreate the entire Spice Girls gang; my mom plastered on our makeup and we performed a small concert “slamming it to the left and shaking it to the right” as we danced a full choreographed routine!

Now that I am an adult I’m still intrigued by dressing up for Halloween and partaking in a little make-believe fun, not to mention I still have a bit of a sweet tooth! My sister and I carve pumpkins, roast the seeds and we love our traditional horror movie marathon.

For the last few years vampires, werewolves and zombies have been all the rage and after going to see Dracula Untold the other day I was inspired to create a Queen of the Damned, vampire Halloween look. This look is quite simple to do and also works if you want to be a witch, black widow spider or even a demon.



Get the look:

1. Start by priming the face and heavily priming the eyes right up to the brow bones and under the lower lash lines. I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion.

2. Fill in the eyebrows with a creamy black eyeliner pencil; I used the MUFE Artist Liner in the shade M-10.

3. Highlight the brow bone with a white shade to accentuate and define the brows. I used the Billion Dollar Brows Highlighter

4. Diagonally place strips of tape from the end of your outer brows to the outer corner of the eyes. This keeps application tidy and maintains the shape.

5. Using your black eyeliner pencil trace a V shape on the outer corner of the eyes (you want the shadow to have a defined tapered look. Once you have a good shape trace the outer V with a black liquid liner, I used the one by e.l.f.


6. Apply a matte black eye shadow heavily to the lids and into the crease (filling in the V shape you created). Extend the color past the tear ducts, I used Blackout from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. Apply the black shadow so that it fades up into the brow bone and make sure to blend well, I used the shade Foxy from the Naked 2 palette as a transition color.

7. Line your lower lash line and apply black shadow under the line. Blend and smudge well for a smokey effect.

8. Remove the tape and with a black liquid liner (preferably with a fine point) draw a wing parallel to where your shadow ends. This doesn't have to be straight, you can create whatever shape or design you like.


9. Apply false lashes for a dramatic effect, if you have eccentric Halloween themed lashes you can get creative! I used the Kiss Flirty lashes #60484 and the Kiss strip lash adhesive glue which worked great for this look because the glue is black in color!


10. Apply your foundation and concealer. For the dead-effect it helps to use a color that is a couple shades lighter than your skin tone or set your face with a lighter powder. I used a duo fiber stipple brush for a flawless finish and avoid using blush because you don't want a rosy glow.


11. Contour under the cheekbones and around the face for definition.

12. Apply dark lipstick, lacquer or gloss; I used the Kevyn Aucoin Liquid Patent Lip in the shade Jupitesse which is a blue-black color.

13. Optional: apply face stickers, fake blood and colored contacts to enhance the effect, be as creative as you like!
Hair
For my hair all I did was part it in half and pull it in front of my face, I didn't style, brush or comb it when I woke up so it was super easy. The messy look works with the makeup and this is my natural hair color! I have waist length hair so I didn't have to do much to it, you can work with your own hair color or buy a cheap party store wig if you prefer a dark extra vampy effect.

If you re-create this look for Halloween be sure to tag me on social media so I can see how it turned out :) 

Happy Halloween! 

18 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Love the makeup look you created here! This is absolutely stunning! Great job dear!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I decided to go with something simple but really make it my own!

      Delete
  2. very cool! i love halloween as well, but never have enough time to figure out a great look! thanks for sharing this!

    [oomph.]
    3D Popup Greeting Cards GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! I love it so much!!!! You look killer here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning smokey eye! Halloween is such a great occasion to experiment with makeup for me.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creepy! Haha!! A well polished vampire I guess!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is both stunning and frightening! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing look! You are so good at creating such an awesome look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHUT UP, that is AMAAAAAAAZING! I seriously need to jump on the Halloween wagon and create something but you definitely take the cake this year! ADORE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! All the details that went into that are amazing! The contacts really took the look to another level!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning!! Love this vampy look!!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! You are SO talented! I love this look, although I doubt I'm skilled enough to recreate it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I love your version. I did one last year for Halloween & it was so much fun.awesome work!! what makeup brand do you use?Wow, nice and awesome collection of Scary Halloween Makeup ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had fund creating this look :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...