Saturday, January 11, 2014

Purple Eye Makeup

Since posting a review on the Coastal Scents 120 palette I received requests from readers to do makeup looks using the vibrant shades from the palette; so today I have a look that I like to call Purple Passion. 

My sister is always asking me to create easy makeup looks so that anyone, even those less experienced with makeup or those who have less time to apply makeup can re-create it. I kept it simple so that anyone who has this palette or similar colors in their collection can try it. It doesn't take much work and the different purple hues blend together and compliment each other well.



I labeled the colors I used from the palette below


This is the Coastal Scents 120 palette (2). For a review on this palette please click - HERE

Other items used:

Eyes
*Make up Forever brow gel in dark brown
*Urban Decay eye shadow primer
*e.l.f.  liquid eyeliner 
*Tear duct highlight - Chopper from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette
*To set under the eyes- Ben Nye Banana Powder

Face
*e.l.f.  face primer
*Makeup Forever HD powder
*Blush- NYX Pinched

*Lips
Plum Wine from the Graftobian lip palette

I think purple is a color that looks good on many skin tones so try it out and let me know what you think. I will be doing some more makeup looks soon so stay tuned...

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Great minds and all that ;)

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Gorgeous colours :) stunning :D
    Ava xox
    http://xovintagewayoflifexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, I must say you do an excellent job at blending the colors. I know, I need to work on that. Beautiful look as always. You look like a Caribbean princess. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger...I'm actually Indian, Irish and Caribbean :) Blend away! You will get the hang of it

      Delete
  4. Wow your blending skills are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love purple, so I definitely love this look!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely, almost like a smokey eye too :) purple smokey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo I looooove this! Purples just make me so happy! That palette is one of my favs <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, you are really good at this! You should make tutotials on your YouTube account, I think you will come far. :)

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about that but I am not sure I want to put myself out there in that way yet...maybe someday :) Thanks so much.

      Delete
  9. This looks great. And yay for Ben Nye Powders.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loooove the purple. It looks professionally done--good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is professionally done...I did it lol :)

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous look! Purples look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect combination and if fits you so well!! Happy new year Erica <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice makeup, I am a fan of purples and pinks :)


    makeupdemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!!! You can pull any color and I love your bold makeup looks <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look stunning!! Please come do my makeup - I will do your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks stunning on you.. i am nowhere near brave enough to pull of the brights you go for though :)

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful make up!
    I agree that purple looks well on many people.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This absolutely stunning!
    You are really pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I just recently bought the coastal scents 120 palette 1 and I was wondering if you could do a makeup tutorial with that. Also could you recommend some makeup brushes that aren't overly expensive but that are good quality! I just want a neutral and I bright look with the 120 palette 1. Thank you !!! P.S. Sorry to be a bother! LOL

    BIG FAN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by and being a BIG FAN, I appreciate it :) This purple look that you commented on is a look I did using the 120 palette! It is very easy to do and the colors I used are listed right on the palette. I will of course have more looks using this palette coming up in the future! There are so many colors to use so the possibilities are endless!

      In terms of great makeup brushes e.l.f has some great brushes. I like their e.l.f studio line (the brushes with the black handles) they are only $3 each and very soft. I use the e.l.f. essential eye shadow brushes too (the one with the white handle) I have tons of those and they are only $1 each. Real Techniques has some great brushes as well, they are a bit more expensive than e.l.f. but not as expensive as Sigma.

      It's not a bother glad to help :)

      Delete
  20. By the way I am Indian too!!!!!! LOL You are so pretty! You are super good with makeup!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...