Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Whole Wheat Baked Pita Pizza

I love pizza so today I decided to make a healthier version for lunch. You can put anything you want on these and everyone can have their own individual mini pizza. You can also have these for dinner, they are very easy to make and very quick!
All you need is:
*Whole wheat pita bread
*Pizza sauce (I buy the spicy pizza sauce)
*Cheese or as a healthier option low fat cheese
*Whatever toppings you want! 

For my pizza I also used:
*Garlic sauce: I spread garlic sauce all over the pita before adding the pizza sauce and it gave it a delicious flavor. I got the garlic sauce at a Middle Eastern/Arabic restaurant. As an alternative you could try a bit of garlic spread from the grocery store. 
* Arugula
*Sauteed green pepper and red pepper
*Sauteed onion
*Budding spicy beef sandwich slices
*Olives

5 comments:

  1. that look soo good! My mouth is watering lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious! You should try it, it is so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pita pizza! I have also been making pizzas on those wonton wrappers. Super crispy and portioned! Thanks for all of the amazing healthier eating tips. It is amazing to hear what some people think when you say you are eating "healty"! My parents said that my kids weren't getting enough SUGAR since I feed them organically! GEESH! Thanks for linking up to the Friday Follow Along at www.frugalfitfamily.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erica, yes this version it's much easier and also healthy. I recently gain some weight and I try to lose it! It's very difficult though :(
    Wish a happy week!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! Gonna try it as soon as tomorrow!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...