Wednesday, October 30, 2013

NYX Xtreme Shine Lip Creams

For those of you who have not tried the NYX lip creams yet you are missing out! These amazing creams have become my new go-to lip products and are always swimming around at the bottom of my purse. Simply put they are absolutely gorgeous!


Where to buy
Here in Canada you can find these lovely lip creams at Target for $10.16 each including tax. You can also get these online from the NYX website for $6 each (Shipping costs may apply) and some beauty distributors that carry NYX products. 

Texture
When I first apply these creams they feel a tad sticky on the lips but not as sticky as a gloss. After a while they tend to dry out a bit but not completely, leaving your lips looking beautiful without feeling dry. NYX claims that these products are not quite a lipstick or a gloss and that they are "like nothing you've experienced before." The texture is true to it's name, very creamy yet not too shiny with a satin like finish.

Application
These lip creams are probably the easiest lip products to apply. It is very simple to get these to go onto the lips perfectly and the staying power is great. The creams spread very easily over the lips and are very opaque. When I wear these they stay on my lips throughout the day exactly how I applied it until I eat or drink. The creams also look great when you re-apply them even if your lips have gotten a tad dry through the day. If you are having a bad lip day, and your lips are a tad chapped these creams still won't look as bad as applying lipstick over chapped lips. You can also wear a lip balm underneath and it does not affect the application. For me these creams last longer than many lipsticks and most glosses I have used.

Here are the colors I have

Color & Pigmentation
These lip creams come in some of the most beautiful shades! They are extremely pigmented and vibrant, I also don't have any issues with them staining my lips. A little goes a long way, even a dab spread across the lip can pack a big punch of color.

I have heard that some people don't care for the smell and taste of these creams should they get into your mouth but I don't mind the smell at all. There is no sweet or fruity scent but that doesn't bother me.

Have you tried the NYX Xtreme lip creams? What did you think of them? What is your favorite shade?

18 comments:

  1. Wow they are definitely gorgeous!!! So pigmented too. Love the colors that you picked too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these yet. I'm loving the look of Bonfire! :)

    Lipstick&Lattes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how bright Dolly Girl is, although it is not a colour I can pull off. The pigmentation is really nice too. I'll be looking for other colours that I might like to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one but the color isn't as pretty as any of these. Hmmmm Maybe I need more. Great review I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all nyx cosmetics! My favorite of these shades is Dolly girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful creamy lip colors! I always have a hard time finding something that isn't sticky when creamy or beautiful looking or it rubs off too easily when it isn't sticky. I think this is a good balance between the two for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own one of the matte lip creams but I haven't tried the shimmery ones yet. I love the one I do have though! In Canada you can also buy NYX in some drug stores like shoppers drugmart and Rexall. Great review!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore these so much! They are the best value!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colours!

    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got the Soft Matte Lip Creams, and I love them! You chose great colors, very similar to the shades I chose too. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, beautiful colors <3 I haven't tried them yet, but I definitely have too. Bonfire, Spicy, Absolute Red & Buttery Nude are my favourites :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wohoo! These colors are really hot! I am not sure if I can pull those off but I bet YOU CAN! How about some lippy pics? Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing! XOXO, Sissi
    http://www.beauty4free2u.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have nominated you for the sunshine award go check it out on my blog
    http://laureenxx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/i-was-so-happy-to-award-by-dazzleulooks.html
    lauren
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually saw these last night and was wondering how good of a product this is. I use something similar from !ary Kay...and I really love it. It would be great to find something I could just buy from the store. I'm also not very good with makeup, so I would hate to spend even more money on makeup when I'm not really using what I have!! This review helps a lot though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...