Friday, December 20, 2013

Royal Caribbean Cruise: Labadee Haiti and Montego Bay Jamaica

Hi everyone,
Since I did a full review on my last cruise with Royal Caribbean which you can find by clicking HERE, I thought I would show you the photos of the ports we stopped in during that cruise. This post may also help some of us reminisce about warmer temperatures as the world seems to have frozen over here in Toronto.

The first stop was Labadee Haiti which is a section of the island owned by Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. On Labadee they have the longest over water zip line in the world and there is a roller coaster that goes down the mountain. Aside from that there isn't much else to do besides stroll the local craft shops and relax on the beach.
The ship provided lunch for us while at the beach and the island was beautiful!

Labadee Haiti



Local dancers



It's hard to believe that just a couple of weeks ago I was relaxing right here and now I am trudging through snow!


And another beautiful sunset while leaving the island

Montego Bay Jamaica

When pulling into the ports I got some lovely shots from the deck of the ship with the mountains as a backdrop!


Maragritaville is a restaurant right on the water where you can order food and big tropical drinks. This location was unique in that guests could go from the restaurant and jump right into the ocean to swim!

Red Stripe is the beer made in Jamaica

The photo below captures how Jamaicans make authentic jerk chicken! They slow roast the seasoned chicken over pimento infused wood and cover it with these tin sheets so they absorb all the flavor while staying juicy! I ordered a traditional Jamaican meal of jerk chicken, rice and peas and roasted yam. I also had Jamaican patties. I love trying the local foods when I travel.


While in Jamaica I also got some Caribbean made chocolate!


This was the first time I have been to Haiti and the 4th time I have been to Jamaica. Both islands are gorgeous! And now it's back to the cold Toronto winter...

If you have any questions about taking a cruise vacation feel free to leave them in the comment section below.

For more photos and travel information you can visit my travel page by clicking HERE

12 comments:

  1. Wow those pictures are so beautiful! You take amazing photographs btw.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat :) Thanks :) I love photography so I am trying to learn as I go along and teach myself about different lighting, filters, perspectives, lenses etc.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!! That sunset is gorgeous!! Looks so relaxing....aaaahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! even though we have nice beaches, i would love to visit other places. jamaica would be one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the pictures are so pretty - it looks like an amazing place to visit!<3

    http://lameyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a great experience, I might take a cruise vacation next year, hope you will be able to answer some of my questions.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey :)
    Your blog is really great-i love it so much. Maybe you're interested in following each other ? I would love it ❤ Pls let me know in a comment on my blog
    kisses, Anna ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got a chance to relax in some warmer weather. It was interesting to see your Haiti pictures because I also went to Haiti, but it was to volunteer so I saw a completely different side of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine...I know what is happening there and it was a bit weird to be there in paradise when the locals not far away are in a bad situation...It is great that you went to help out!

      Delete
  8. Great post, thanks for sharing sweetie! :)
    P.S. What do you think about following each other? I'd be glad if you want to! Let me know :) x
    www.tinasstylesinners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...