Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Vegan Cuts Beauty Box Review

Vegan Cuts is a company that sells a variety of natural and cruelty free products including beauty items, fashion and food. Today I am going to be reviewing the Vegan Cuts beauty box.

How it works
This monthly subscription box offers a delivery of 4-7 cosmetic or skin care samples every month for $19.95. It is suitable for people who prefer environmentally friendly beauty products that are safe and mostly organic. The box ships out on the 17th of each month.

I love natural products especially when they work, so I am reviewing the January beauty box. I received 2 full sized products, 2 medium samples and 3 small packets. The box comes with a card that lists all of the products with a short description of each.

Aubrey Organics NuStyle Organic detangler & shine booster
Aubrey Organics is a line I have come across before although had never used. This spray is certified organic and came in a 30 ml sample bottle. It is made with quinoa and protein to smooth tangles, strengthen the hair & cuticle, repair damaged ends, replenish the scalp and tame frizz. It also contains: aloe, primrose, lavender, orange, lemon, lime, eucalyptus and more.


This is a good sample for me because I have naturally curly hair that has its frizzy moments and takes a while to detangle. Although this product may come in handy I don’t care for the smell and I may need to use a lot for long thick hair. The full size bottle retails for $9.95 per 148 ml.

Ofra Cosmetics Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick
This liquid lipstick was one of the full sized products in the box and my favorite item. This color is called Plumas, a very pretty bronze shade with a slight sheen. I like the texture of this product; it reminds me of a smooth lip cream, very dense and pigmented although a bit thick. It glides on smoothly and looks rather matte on the lips. I love the smell; to me it resembles the scent of cake batter!



The liquid lipstick retails for $19.90 which is the price of the entire beauty box!

Bamboo Charcoal Dew Puff
Dew Puff konjac sponge is a product I have tried and reviewed before. If you saw that review you know that I like knojac sponges, they are great for gentle cleansing and making the skin feel soft. This sponge has natural antioxidants for blemish prone skin and was actually my favorite type of puff. The box contained a full sized konjac puff.


 The Dew Puffs retail for $7 each and you can find my full review on them by clicking HERE 

Primal Pit Paste
I have tried natural deodorants before without much success but they are healthier since they are aluminum free. This deodorant is a creamy white paste that you apply to the armpits to help control odor and keep fresh. It contains: shea butter, arrowroot, coconut oil, baking soda, thyme and lemon grass. The paste comes in different scents, the one in this box is called thyme and lemongrass and I don’t care for the smell, to me it is quite strong and resembles ginger. Although the paste looks white when you rub it into the skin it blends out for a translucent application.


The sample is .25 oz and the regular size is 2oz and retails for $8.95

Sample Packs
Also in the box were small sample packs of the Better Botanicals jojoba clarifying scrub and the coriander balancing cleanser. These products are jam packed with natural ingredients. The cleanser is suppose to “eliminate impurities, remove makeup and excess oil while refreshing and detoxifying the skin.” The scrub helps polish the skin and is gentle enough for everyday use.


The last sample is a small packet of Biao Beauty rejuvenating night cream; it is suppose to “rejuvenate and moisturize the skin.”
Final Thoughts
This box is not bad for those who have negative reactions to many of the chemicals found in most beauty products.  It is good for testing out natural and organic products in order to determine what works for you. Some products were a hit for me while others were not. I like the ingredients in most of these samples and I think if the box contained more makeup items I would have liked it even more.

You can find more information on this beauty box at: Vegan Cuts Beauty Box

**Disclaimer: These products were provided to me for a sponsored review courtesy of Vegan Cuts. All opinions stated in this review are my own and based on my experience with the products. Results may vary based on individual use.**

5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of beauty boxes, but I wish there was a vegan option in South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that the products are natural and cruelty free, the Primal Pit paste scares me a bit because I am so used to sprays! Plus I dont like ginger lol. Great review!

    Emma

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Backward me, I've never heard about the liquid lipstick. I'd call it lip gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly - this box seems kinda boring. Decent products but not very exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...