Monday, March 27, 2017

Gliss by Schwarzkopf Ultimate Repair & Ultra+ Moisture Hair Care Review

A few weeks ago I attended the Canadian launch of Gliss Hair Repair – a popular European brand that is now available at Shoppers Drug Mart. As I entered the warm loft decorated with colorful bottles of shampoo and conditioner, I also noticed a hand painted caricature of myself on the wall which fittingly captures my long, thick mane. As the night progressed I learned more about these fantastic smelling products and heard positive feedback from other beauty gurus who can’t seem to get enough of these effective formulas.


I decided to test two collections suited to my hair type – Ultimate Repair to mend damage and Ultra+ Moisture which hydrates dry, unruly strands. The other choices include: Color Guard (with 12 weeks of color protection), Oil Nutritive and Ultra Volume.


Ultimate Repair is formulated with 3X liquid keratin to help reinforce and rebuild weak hair fibers that have been damaged from things like heat styling, coloring, weather, pollution and daily stress. It is formulated to boost shine up to 90% while restoring health and improving texture. The range has a nice scent (not heavily perfumed, yet strong enough to pleasantly fragrance) with jojoba and castor oil so hair feels clean and fresh instead of stripped and brittle. It also removes build-up, excess oil and impurities while preparing your locks to absorb more moisture.


Since I have long thick hair, the consistency of the conditioner is a bit thin for deep hydration but it is light enough to detangle or co-wash frequently without the formation of heavy residue. I have to use a generous amount to evenly coat and saturate my lengths but once combed through and left on for a few minutes, my hair feels soft, smooth and replenished. In order to get the most from this line I definitely need a deep conditioner at least once a week and although the collection does come with one I don’t think it is currently available at local drugstores.

The Leave-in spray is a light treatment that helps fortify with a final blast of liquid keratin before styling. Although it does not seem to offer thermal protection, it does help eliminate lingering tangles and create a sleek finish.


Since I didn’t get quite enough hydration from the Repair line I decided to try the Ultra+ Moisture Collection which replenishes from the inside out with 19 key ingredients. The shampoo (like most shampoos) basically works the same - it cleanses from root to tip and foams away dirt, oil and other gunk to unblock hair follicles and purify the scalp. This blend also contains sulfate but it isn’t particularly harsh and I like the scent.


The Conditioner contains ginseng root and protein (among other things) to reduce breakage by up to 85%. Although I find the formula quite thin for my hair type, it did provide a bit more moisture than the Repair line and sometimes I mix both conditioners to form the perfect rejuvenating treatment. For best results I leave the conditioner on while showering (approximately 10-15 mins) which allows the steam to enhance penetration. My hair feels soft, bouncy, light and smooth with a little extra body and shine.

The Express Repair Leave-in Spray separates into an orange liquid and a milky conditioner so make sure to shake well before use. I love how silky this makes my hair feel and when I wear my hair curly (instead of flat ironing it straight) it meshes well with my other leave-ins to rejuvenate my curls and keep them neat. This collection may also be beneficial for preventing split-ends, frizz and roughness.


These products retail for $9.99 each at Shoppers Drug Mart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...